Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Stoupa
50 Posts
Dear Crisp,
Was booked to go to Stoupa in August this year. But were contacted by Manos in mid april that due to extensive building works near our intended apartments, the holiday had to be withdrawn. We were given alternative accomodation but found that these were unsuitable due to the fact that they were next door to the "Iron Man of Stoupa", who angle grinds and welds morning noon and night. Consequently have checked out the Stoupa Webcam/site and have learnt that alot of apartments are affected by building works all over stoupa. These include :-
Paris Apartments
Georges Apartments and Studios
Artemis Apartments
Mani Apartments

Manos have contacted all customers advising them of potential noise and disruption. However if you want a relaxing and quiet holiday, my advise to you is to go somewhere/anywhere else in Greece. Having travelled alot in Greece over the last 10 years, I have never come across so much disruption in 1 area. As a potential customer, my choice was to take my Euro elsewhere.
You have been warned ?
thanks for your replies. have looked at the zorba site and it seems like a friendly place where we can relax after some stressful times. have not ever been on a package holiday so i'm pretty much immune to building work and every day life waking me up early in the morning. looking forward to going in two weeks, might see some of you helpful people there x
I've been in Stoupa this summer and the building work is minimal... one or two men doing some light work for a few hours each day, this is Greece after all!!! When people think of building work in a holiday resort they automatically think of work that's gone on in places like the Costa Del Sol, high-rise hotels etc. What's going on in Stoupa is nothing like this at all. The tour ops are simply informing clients about the 'building work' so that they don't get any complaints.
Chrisp, enjoy your holiday,you'll have a great time.
Hi,

We've just booked for the Lighthouse Studios/Apartments in Stoupa for September 2006.
I'd be pleased to hear any info on the studios or the area.

Pete
Hi Pete,
what a great choice. These studios have one of the best locations in the resort with sea views and only 2 minutes from a terrific taverna, The Panorama, the name says it all!!
Thanks rdv. You used the magic words "sea views". That's just what we look for. Kalogria beach looks great in photographs.

Pete
Hi Pete,
I assume you've booked with Kosmar. The photo in the brochure (page 224, 2nd edition 2005) is taken from the Panorama, the caption says Stoupa beach but it is in fact Kalogria and it is a great beach.
Hi rdv,

Yes, we like Kosmar. Next year will be our sixth holiday with them, and we had never been abroad before 2000.

In the brochure photo, the Lighthouse Studios appears to be a single storey building, which is quite unusual. Is this the case?

Cheers, Pete
Hi Pete,
yes thats right. Kosmar also have another property at the very end of the headland (only 20 mts beyond the Lighthouse) called Fanari ,we were told its so popular they dont put it in the brochure. Kosmar do an excellent excursion to the Corinth canal which includes a boat trip through it. Although we had a car we did this trip with Kosmar and its well worth it, the guide, Illias, was brilliant and made the longish journey really interesting. We will almost certainly return to this area in the future, there's a lot to see.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.