UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
The Kent & East Sussex Railway is based in Tenterden not sure of their opening times for the holiday though, my grandson loves it.

http://www.kesr.org.uk/

I don't know the area very well but Ashford is just over a 20 minute drive and has all the food outlets you could ever need. Ashford also has a multi-plex cinema, bowling alley and a couple of those soft play areas for smaller kids.

Lynn
any more advice please? The railway is closed on daughters birthday though we may try that on xmas eve ... what can we do in Ashford for exmaple? Bowling? Any good beefeater restaurants in area? Any suggestions for what to do on her actual birthday?
Sorry I've been on holiday.

There is bowling in Ashford in Station Road, they do have a car park, bar and food.

The Beefeater is in Hothfield on the main A20 just outside of Ashford going toward Maidstone.

There is a Harvester at Bybrooke Barn which is just out of the town.

Frankie and Benny is over near the Multi Plex (M20 jct 9) where you will also find KFC, a pizza place and Burgerking. There are 3 McDonalds scattered around and another KFC and a couple of Pizza places in the town centre where you will also find a Weatherspoons that serve meals.

I would say if you go bowling that Pizza Hut or Weatherspoons would be the best bet as they are very close and you could walk.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.