Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Is this for real? We are going on 23rd May for 2 weeks, I like the Scots but this sounds like an invasion Och tha noo :lol: What is the covention for, do you know? I better get me kilt out and join in. :lol:

Sue
Hi Sue ... from what I can gather it's not just Scots, it's a convention of Celtic Supporters Clubs from all over Europe. Lots of hotels are doing special deals to attract them and their families, there will also be a tented village, and special excursions and events at Benidorm Palace, Terra Mitica, Terra Natura, etc. The main dates of the convention are 23-30 May, but presumably some will be staying longer than that in Benidorm.

David :wave
Well, I must personally thank Kevin for bringing this to my attention.
After sorting out my xmas holiday to Beni, I was looking for may...the end of may :yikes HONESTLY.

Nothing wrong with the scots, lovely warm, friendly people with a great sense of humour.....but after spending time with some at xmas...all I can say is pardon. :rofl

besos xxxx
Thanks for that David, we were hoping to treat our daughter to the Benidorm Palace on the 30th May for her 12th birthday. We will book well in advance if we decide to go.

Sue :) :)
Sue ... I have read that the gala night which is being hosted at Benidorm Palace is on 28th May.

If you are looking out for Scottish flags, you may be disappointed!! :P
Good information for all Rangers supporters on this site. I,m sure they,ll avoid Benidorm like the plague during those dates.
Just received this in an email from my Dad in Benidorm.

I understood that the Celtic do was in march. It is going to be in may,
23rd. onwards. the 30.000 figure could be an underestimate!!! places
miles up and down the coast are getting booked. Benidorm council is saying
they want it every year!!
Yes, Ally441...it wont be on my destination list!

I can just imagine putting my union jack Rangers towel down on the beach and getting an uneasy feeling........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey everyone, definitely full of Celtic fans all that week. Been advertised in the Daily Record etc here in Scotland.

Let's just say, I won't be going to Benidorm on 23rd May this year....

Cheers

Gill :)
Hi all,

Tend to favour the other Glasgow team myself but have to say the reputation of Celtic supporters is excellent the world over. Twice the amount that is heading for Benidorm went to Seville two years ago and behaved excellently. That said, I can understand people having concerns with that many individuals from any Club being in the one place at the one time. It will be interesting though to read the posts after the event. I would say they will be positive.

Wilson :wink:
I favour that side too, Wilson (as you can tell from my avatar!) but most of my in-laws are 'Tic fans, so i have no probs with them - it's only a game after all - plus like you say, they have a good reputation abroad...

...but i had enough of the ol' Sombrero's when i shared a campsite with tons of them a couple of years back (during the seville game) so i think i'd give it a miss myself ;)
:D hiya im going to benidorm on sat and i no that the glasgow celtic convention is going to be up and running from the 23rd in just wondering if anybodys going and how long for so i can get a rough example of how long theres going to be loads of glasgow people around :roll: . as this is what i wanted to get away from.
thankiees
laureenxxxx
Hi Laureen ... the convention dates are 23-30 May ... click here for more info.

thanx for the replies :D i knew there was going to be a convention thats why im going lol :) but we also wanted a holiday and thats why we are going for 2 weeks cant wait sun sea sand and :yipee celtic fans :yipee. i go on the 20th of may and soooo excited
I'm glad we're leaving on the 21st now!!! :wink:

Regards - Taggy :)
Don't forget to take the rain with you then :wink:
Anyone know how this event went and did it impact on anyone's holiday ?

Wilson :wink:
All I have read so far is THIS report from the Daily Record which branded it a flop.

Presumably hotels and bars in the resort benefited from the influx of fans (estimates vary from 20,000 to 35,000) but according to reports, as few as 3,000 actually visited the Celtic Village created outside the resort for the event.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.