Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
The reviews go into date of travel order so even if someone posted a message saying 'This hotel was refurbished in ****' if someone comes along with a review having visited this hotel after the message date it would be above it?

Is this what your meaning?
The reviews go into date of travel order so even if someone posted a message saying 'This hotel was refurbished in ****' if someone comes along with a review having visited this hotel after the message date it would be above it?

Is this what your meaning?

No, I meant by the actual list of Hotel names. Would it be possible to endorse the Hotel name on the actual list with say a date and say a rating for example, something like this:-

Rio Park ( R-09/05 )
Venus ( E -01/06)
Pueblo (N/0 -08/04)
Regente (R/D -12/05)
Helios (C/F/R-11/03)
Orange (A/F/A- 07/06)

R= Refurbished, E= Extended, N/O = New Ownership, R/D= Redecorated
C/F/R= Closed For Refurbishment, A/F/A= Additional Facilities Added.

Something like that? Probably not very practicle? But if it was, would it be possible?

Please Note: I have listed names of hotels here purely as an examples only.
We have to rely on those submitting the reviews to provide as much information as possible, including details of any recent refurbishments, extensions, or change of ownership. When the information is supplied, it will of course be provided within the text of their review.

But for us to then highlight the fact that a particular hotel has been refurbished on a certain date may be misleading, because dozens of other hotels in the resort may also have been refurbished, but members may be unaware or could simply have forgotten to mention the fact in their review. The fact that improvements are highlighted by us at some hotels but not others, could give the mistaken impression that those other hotels have not been upgraded, whereas the reality might be that members have not made the information available to us.

Members may generally only be aware of any refurbishments, extensions, or change of ownership if they happened to visit the same hotel during consecutive years, both before and after the changes took place.

David :wave
We have to rely on those submitting the reviews to provide as much information as possible, including details of any recent refurbishments, extensions, or change of ownership. When the information is supplied, it will of course be provided within the text of their review.

But for us to then highlight the fact that a particular hotel has been refurbished on a certain date may be misleading, because dozens of other hotels in the resort may also have been refurbished, but members may be unaware or could simply have forgotten to mention the fact in their review. The fact that improvements are highlighted by us at some hotels but not others, could give the mistaken impression that those other hotels have not been upgraded, whereas the reality might be that members have not made the information available to us.

Members may generally only be aware of any refurbishments, extensions, or change of ownership if they happened to visit the same hotel during consecutive years, both before and after the changes took place.

I'll take that as a 'NO' then? :wink:
I'll take that as a 'NO' then?

I think it would only work if Admin sent the Mod of the Costa Blanca forum over to Benidorm, to inspect all the hotels and find dates and details of any recent upgrades which they might have carried out. In the interests of accuracy, it would probably require at least 1 overnight stay in each hotel.

Are you wanting volunteers. Put me down to do 14 hotels last two weeks in august!!!! :wink: :yipee :rofl
And I'll do another 15 Hotels over Christmas and New year

Serioulsy, I know we jest, but David has made it clear its not possible. And I can understand why.....just thought it would be an idea worth considering, but maybe not.
I think it would only work if Admin sent the Mod of the Costa Blanca forum over to Benidorm, to inspect all the hotels and find dates and details of any recent upgrades which they might have carried out. In the interests of accuracy, it would probably require at least 1 overnight stay in each hotel.

Hold your horses you lot :roll: :rofl

I`m first in line for any research that needs researching.(after David of course) :rofl

BHIC...I can`t leave you for a minute to behave can I.? :rofl :roll:

Besos xxx
Sanji ... I think you have already done enough research. You were only there a few hours and your room needed refurbished :wink :lol:

Sanji ... I think you have already done enough research. You were only there a few hours and your room needed refurbished
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.