Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi Polar,

The CS Sao Rafael Suite Hotel is nearer to the Old Town, about 1.5 to 2 km to the west of it. It would take about 30-40 minutes to walk to the Old Town, via the Marina. The Grande Real Santa Eulalia is on the east side of Albufeira and is nearer the new town. I'm not sure how long it would take to walk to the Strip, but it may be about 20-30 minutes. I can't help you on the actual hotels as I've never been in either of them.

Sao Rafael would be a quieter location I think, and the beach is about 10 minutes walk.

The Baia Grande is at Sesmarias, which is near Sao Rafael.

To get an idea of how the land lies, look at http://www.albufeira.com/map/county/default.asp, click on More Locations and you'll see Sao Rafael and Sesmarias to the west and Santa Eulalia to the east. The Old Town is where the letters "AL" of Albufeira are, and the Strip runs northwards from Oura.

Hope this helps!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.