France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
If you are mobile - driving or with a motorbike, you can stay in the outskirts, and I can recommend cheapies like Formula 1, Première Class, in the area of the Cite Europe.

In the centre, hotels can be quite pricey (simply to cash in on the foot passenger or someone waiting to catch a ferry .. or has missed it!) but you might try the Holiday Inn (on the harbour front), or the Ibis hotel.

If you contact the Calais Tourist Office (they have a website) they have a list of accommodation. You could ring them - they speak perfect English - and are really nice folk.

If you want to go further out, you could look at hotels in Arques, St Omer and Wimereux .........
If you would like to stay out of town, I can recommend a country hotel in Wisques, about 20 miles from Calais not far from St.Omer, its a small village about 2mins from the A26 motorway. The hotel is "La Sapiniere" it also has a very good restaurant.
Hi we stayed at a hotel called suite hotel (accor hotel chain) , it was excellent value very clean great facilities brilliant if you have children with you and right near cite d'europe.
We had a triple room at the King George V in the centre of Calais and that was quite reasonable. They have a secure car park, handy if your boot is full of duty free.
sss
dont want to stay in calais either in st omer or belguim da panne or venre hotel must be within walking distance to shops bars etc
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.