France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
St Raphael
7 Posts
Hi
I'm assuming you mean St Raphael in the south of france?
Maybe we could be of help,we are in Frejus which is right next door.
We have a mobile home which we let.
If you'd like our info or any help give us a shout
Mandy Williams
we stayed with Pierre and Vacances who used to have a resort at Cap E'sterel-maybe they still do.
It was quite expensive then and that was a long time ago-15 years to be exact.
We're thinking of going to this area next summer (end of June to mid July) with a 4 year old and a 7 year old (I've also posted this in the camping forum). Has anyone taken children of that age to this area? We're not ones for lying on a beach/by a pool all day. Are there plenty of things to do?
Hi Elaine,
WE were in St Raphael/Frejus about 10 years ago. Obviously being on the Cote D'Azur there's loads of famous places to see and it is beautiful. The only drawback & it's a huge one: at this time of year it's bumper to bumper wherever you want to go unless it's inland. We coudn't find a parking space in St Raphael one morning anywhere & had to abnadon the idea! It was one of our least successful summer holidays for this reason.
We've been to Nice since & had a wonderful time but it was end of Oct....in fact it was so good we're returning this Hallowe'en. :wink:
Don't know if 2 young children would be happy to be stuck in a car for long periods??
Thanks for that. This was our main concern about going down there.
Hi Toastedmallow, you mention that traffic was bad, but can you remember when (which dates) you were there?
We have booked for the last few days of june into july and hope to miss the worst of the traffic as a lot of english schools don't get their summer hols to last week or so of July so.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.