Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
There always seems to be plenty of taxis whatever time you arrive in Palma. I always book my taxi transfer but I like a speedy getaway to Cala Bona saves waiting in a queue especially if a few flights land at same time. Have I been any help?
I am going to Puerto Pollensa in August.
I booked a Ford Fusion car from http://www.autosespana.com.
Cost for 3 days hire, pick up in Palma airport, drop off in Puerto Pollensa -£46.
Same but reverse for home journey. This is equivalent to a taxi fair yet we have a car for 6 days. Check it out!
I bet you could get a deal for the number of you that would be better than taxis - plus the convenience of a car for a couple of days
Nice car hire site that, thanks, but....I'm being picky here I know, but your comparison is not strictly accurate. You will be charged for a full tank of petrol on top of your quoted hire charge, with no refund for petrol unused (it's in the small print on the web site). That could cost you the same again on top of the hire charge. So if you are solely interested in a transfer and not interested in having a car for three days, then the taxi transfer is cheaper by 1/2.
However, if you want both the transfer and the car for three days then that is a very good deal.
Have booked for May 07 to Calas de Mallorca. There will be 10 of us (6+4)
What will be the best/cheapest way to get to our hotel?
Personal recomendations greatly received.

Mark
We used Autocares Levante last year and had no problems. Got a good quote this year from Janerbus but we've gone with someone living in Cala Millor.
We always use http://www.janerbus.com/en have always recieved great service.

Nigel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.