Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
your flight code is probably MONXX but may be ZBXXX as you are flying monarch [mon is charter zb is scheduled] your holiday is, I assume an OLYMPIC package therefore your transfers should be arranged by Olympic

wizard
thanks for the quick reply, i have since found out we have no transfers included so are currently trying to contact olympic again....
We had the same arrangement (Olympic holiday, Monarch flight) albeit booked over internet. At one point in the booking it did suggest no transfers, but transfers were provided.

Also aware that Olympic and Monarch have had an uncomfortable relationship of late, so maybe its all kicked off again?

Worth checking out as a taxi from Larnaca to Protaras won't be cheap (best I've heard is 100 euro return)
Thanks Baggieboy, apparantly when it says no transfers provided on our itinary, it actually means transfers provided by Olympic and it probably cost me 100 euro on the phone finding this out....
Unfortunately the Olympic website can provide conflicting information, and the details seem to change daily.

We are booked for October with a Monarch flight - transfers included (as per confirmation email). On the website right now, this same flight states "no transfer".

I've just printed off and highlighted the relevant part of the email, and if we have any problems I'll just show it to the Olympic rep at Larnaca.
I must admit we always book with Olympic since Libra stopped running and have never had any problems. Our taxi diddled off when we arrived in Larnaca in May but the rep had a replacement mini bus waiting for us so we beat my parents to Pernera as they had booked through Thomas Cook and had to drop everybody off on a transfer coach! We had the drinks ready for them arriving!! Then coming home in June we had a huge taxi all to ourselves too. Fingers crossed they continue their great service for you both!!

Lindsay.
A taxi would be nice, saves sitting for hours on a red hot coach waiting for people who have gone for a drink instead of boarding.... and when they turn up they never look embarrassed......and they're usually the first to be dropped off.
Well to be honest our taxi for coming home was supposed to pick up a couple in Ayia Napa but they weren't there the taxi driver spent 15 minutes searching for them as did the hotel staff so he got the form signed to say they weren't there and 5 minutes from the airport the rep phoned him to say where was he and once she knew he had had his papers signed she ok'd it and booked another taxi for them!! We couldn't believe it as we are always at the entrance to our accommodation at least 30 mins before pick up time. We had a 5 hour delay coming home to Newcastle which was a nightmare as it was 3am by the time we started boarding we did get 7euro worth of vouchers each as per usual but that doesn't go far especially with a 4 year old and an 11 month old but hey ho thats another story!!
Lindsay.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.