Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Cider there should be some No idea what brands

Dress, It has been a while since we have dome a T. but smart casual should be fine check for particular dress codes in the brochure, I usualy have a mix of jeans and Chinos with proper shirts and polos for night on all our cruises even the more up market ones.

T-shirts are usualy a bit too casual but I don't think you would get thrown out of the main dinning room.

There will be formal nights and people do tend to dress up a bit more but again I would be happy with chinos smart shirt and no jacket if I could not be bothered to carry the TUX.

Weather, you can get it bad just about anywhere any time so if you are prone to travel sickness best to plan something
I did a RCCl cruise in 2001 to the Canaries. I was in bed for 5 days, the sea was so rough. They couldn't even fill the pools it was so bad. I was freezing and had to wear the only pair of long trousers I had for about 10 days!! It was maybe just a bad spell of weather but be prepared. I am told that Stugeron tablets from the chemist are great for seasickness. I would buy some just in case.
I wouldn't rely on wearing jeans in the main restaurant on formal nights, I'm not saying you'd get barred or anything, but chinos would be better, or you could dine in the buffet. Not too sure about the t-shirt either, especially for formal nights, something with more sleeve would probably be better, and he might not be that warm either.

We've been to the Canaries in March and it was very rough, especially the bit to and from Morocco. I've only been to the Med once in March, and it was calm and hot a lot of the time, but we had one very rough day and night and were unable to dock for the day as planned because the weather was so rough, and spent the time pitching about at sea.

Sorry, don't know about cider.
Thanks for the replies.....we appreciate the help and advice! :)
We have decided to play safe, and my hasband is taking smart trousers and jacket......(wearing the jacket to travel in to save on luggage allowance!)....and for our 14 yr old son, we are going to buy him one smart shirt, and the rest of the time he will wear his usual smart polo shirts....
and as for me....well I dont need any excuse to dress up! so it's not an issue for me ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.