Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Red Sea Magic
287 Posts
Apart from the three organised tours, are there any markets etc at the ports?

In particular Hurghada & Aqaba, where we have a free day at each port. Also do you need much Egyptian & Jordanian money, or do the shops take pounds/dollars?

This one for anyone just been....is the weather as hot as the weather sites imply? 80/90's during the day.

We go on 27th Dec, starting in Hurghada. The kids can't wait.
As mentioned in last post I did not leave the ship in ports apart from going on the excusions so I am not sure about Markets etc.

They will take Sterling, Dollars and Euro's in resorts so we found no need to have any local currency.

When we were there in November it was approx 27 degrees each day.

The reason I did not go ashore other than with organised trips off the boat was because it was very difficult to leave port and get past all the port officials! They seemed to want paper work for everything, so we did not bother. From what I gathered from people who did go ashore in Aquaba there was nothing there as it is not really a tourist area, they dock there for Petra.
Hi All,

Anyone going on the Red Sea Magic New Yr Cruise? If so welcome!

Anyone just come back from this cruise?

I would like to no the price of Stella Artios + a premium beer? Also a large glass of Chardonnay say 250 ml + bottled water? This way we can decide on whether to book a drinks package

Regards

Neil & Monica :) 8)
Hi Neil and Monica and welcome to HT!

I have merged your post with our Red Sea Magic topic so you may find some useful information in the previous posts. You can also read reviews of the Spirit by clicking on Cruise Reviews at the top of the page.

You will find the latest drinks price HERE Although these prices are for the Celebration, all the Thomson's ships should be around the same price.

HTH

luci :wave
Hi Glitterygirl,

Many thanks for the info, that was pretty much what I expected, but it is comforting to have it confirmed.

Dave :wave
dave, lucky you on the spirit in feb, just to let you know richard, alice, paul and gareth from destiny will be on so yes i really really wish i was coming too.how many have you booked for 2006?
Hi Laine,

You know us too well :D :D . The usual three, Feb,July and Sept.

Great news about Alice, on the Destiny last time she was thinking about going back to more hands on. Hope she does her " Acid Alice " routine the week we are on.

Cheers,

Dave and John :wave :wave
Received our tickets today and excursion details. Three trips -
Petra Jordon -£65pp Duration 11 hours :)
Cairo - £65pp Duration - 12.5hours :?
Luxor - £68pp Duration - 15 hours :roll:

will probably do Petra but will leave the others mainly because of the duration. We should have done our research before booking as we did not anticipate days out of this duration. Never mind we love the Spirit and it is no hard deal to spend relaxing days on the ship eating, resting and hopefully enjoying the sunshine.

Does anyone know if there are other 'things' to do off ship, I guess the port areas and beaches locally may not be easily accessible with the security there. Have been advised not to travel independantly but wondering about the surrounding location at the ports. Any info greatfully received - roll on January

Supermum

ps Why can't I get into off topic discussions any more? What do I need to do? help please
Hi Supermum

I have merged your post with the Red Sea Magic topic which was already open.

ps Why can't I get into off topic discussions any more? What do I need to do? help please

If you mean General Chat, it was closed a couple of weeks ago. There is an announcement in Forum Announcement on the main page HERE

luci :wave
Hi SuperMum

There are plenty of other excursions off ship to do but they do tend to all be beach and snorkle kind of ones which is fine if you want to do that. I snorkeled for the 1st time in Jordan and I LOVED it! I am hooked!

But I urge you to do Cairo and the pramids. It is an amazing day. Yes very tiring but totally amazing.

When I have a minute I will upload some photo's for you all to see.
Can anyone clarify if a visa is required when cruising on the Thomson spirit. I will be only leaving the ship on the 3 excursions to Luxor, Petra and Cairo. I will be staying in Sharm for the following week but will not be doing any excursions. There seems to be conflicting advise on whether a visa is required or not. :?
No, you just need to write Sinai only on your arrival card when you arrive at Sharm airport and they just stamp your passport.

NO VISA IS REQUIRED!
Hi, could some one tell me what you pay for on the ship ? and do you pay at the end with a credit card? allso are there shops for buying bottled drinks to take on trips? we have never been on a cruise befor.
Has any one done the one week cruise and one one stay at sharm ? if so whats it like this time of year thanks
suzy
Hi

Can anyone let me know what kind of plane is used from East Midlands out to Sharm?
Suzy Pea - You pay for everything with a cruise card and you settle the bill at the end of the stay with a credit card or something. You can buy bottled water from Horizons bar.
You only pay for drinks and things like beauty treatments.

Coopster - one with wings! :lol: (sorry could not resist!) My in laws flew from Bristol and they had a 3-3 seater one (sorry no idea what that is called I am a girl!)
Is there a way you can keep track of what you are spending on that card? The last thing I want is to get carried away and end up with a nasty suprise at the end.
You just need to go to reception and they will let you know what your balance is.
thanks for the info glittergirl, is it true you have to be up at 4.00 am !!! to go on the trips ? also iv been told not to go in cabin 516 :!: . do you know the best area on the boat we will be on deck 3-4 out side cabin
thanks again this so so helpfull
suzy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.