Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I'm going!!! cant wait!
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it seems to have broken down in France (power failure) Seems to be full refund and £25pp comp
:cry:
where have you heard that bigbear please?
There was an article in The Sun today about it having a power failure on Tuesday and none of the toilets were working. I've searched, but can't find a link to it.

luci :wave
thanks Luci. I couldn't find anything either. I am so upset for all those whose holidays are affected :cry:

What a catastrophe after waiting all this time for a cruise. Any chance the repairs will be soon?
Confirmation can be found HERE

Kath HT Admin
Thanks Kath.

Val and Gladys - I do hope that the DE offers alternative cruise dates asap to you both. It's upsetting enough to have this happen without all the history involved in getting the first offer. Hugs to you both :ghug
The compensation offer by Island Cruises is 25% off a future cruise as well as a full refund or if people decide to take their hotel stay part then a 50% refund and 25% future cruise. Not £25 As stated on 2 posts on the boards.

Sue
We only found out last night that there was any problem...if we had had an idea before we would have booked something else but now its too late...as my son has flown home from Austria just for this week..he's due back on Sunday 7th October so we cant even take one on Monday with another company.

We had been looking forward to this sooo much!

Im hoping they refund us the cash value so we can spend on one for this time next year...real shame to have to wait still longer! Just really bad luck I know. I think those on the ship last week got a reasonable deal..ie they got 4 days of their cruise and a 100% refund..I would have preferred that option..at least we would have had some quality time together.

So we have decided to pay out for expensive flights to go and see my parents who live in Spain..so at least we can get some sun!

Thanks for the comiserations!

Gladysx :bawl
I am so sorry to hear that you won't be going on your cruise after looking forward to it for so long.

I really hope that you will manage to cruise in the future as it is a wonderful experience.

Enjoy Spain!

I'd like to know why I can't find any information about our cruise that we were supposed start on 29th september. We went on a stay and cruise holiday, had a great week in Alcudia then boom, friday night we were told the cruise had been cancelled because the ship had broken down, we spoke to passengers who had been taken off the ship on thursday, who had a terrible time. I've tried everywhere to find out more :arrow: :evil: info but have hit a wall of silence,the cruise is still being advertised for 6th October, surely they owe it to their passengers to keep them informed. I have tried to book a cancellation holiday for this week, impossible, I find it very odd that the six holiday companies hadn't heard about the cancellation
Moved to Cruise forum.

Mark
Hi woodygirl and welcome to HT!

We have a little informaton on the cancelled cruise in earlier posts.

I am so sorry your cruise was cancelled and hope you manage to cruise sometime in the future.

Hi, is there anyone out there that was also cancelled? I was told I would get back all that was paid for the cruise ie £1200 (this included £450 that I had paid)...as the Daily express received a commercial discount...but from what Ive received today i only get the £450 back ! havent been able to talk to the Cruise Store as they're closed now..... :x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.