Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi

I've just got a weird sense of humour,it helps when you have several kids,I've got 4 as well,only one left at home but 8 grandchildren.My eldest is looking for somewhere in Turkey or Egypt that she can take her family ,2 adults,16yr old and 12 yr old where they can scuba dive,do you know if it is possible at that resort,thanks.T.
Hi Pamplemousse - we are booked to go for May half-term, so will report back on our return. Let me know nearer the time if there is anything you want me to check for you.
We just got an excellent deal too, for October 2 weeks (1 of which is school hol), it worked out at £1719 for 2 adults and 1 child via Thomas Cook. I'm well chuffed! :cheers
Sorry oscarben, can't help regarding the scuba dive at the Royal Wings, but I think Egypt might be best for her as it's supposed to be brilliant to scuba there.

Can't wait to read your report mehmeh1, how old are your kids? Any info would be great, especially regarding kids club, activities and the restaurants.
My mum and dad stayed at the Delphin Palace last year at Lara and are looking to return, they loved the hotel but too pricey for us. Not much to do there but Antalya is nice they said and easy to get a dolmus into. We're going to chill so will suit us fine. We went to the Grand Azur in Marmaris for October half term and did lots there, turkish baths (a must) horse riding, boat trips, waterpark, etc. as the hotel was only HB. Really noticed the difference where drinks and ice-creams were concerned as the children had got used to helping themselves whenever and as they love their food this is an important part of their holiday too.

Scottishmum, you'll be ok as we'll all have been by then so we'll be able to supply you with tons of info!
Hi Pamplemousse

I'll have a look in the Egypt forum,thanks.

We like the look of your hotel and are thinking of booking for October half term,did you get your price from Direct holidays or Thomas Cook,thanks,T.
I got the prices form the TC website although the holiday is operated with Direct Holidays. The Direct Holidays website weren't showing free kids so I rung them where they gave me the free kids prices. By booking with Direct Holidays you get free flight meals and 20kg luggage. I know this sounds a bit confusing but hope you get it, if not I'll try and explain again.
I'm the opposite pamplemousse, I actually had a holiday to Florida booked with Direct Holidays which I tried to change to this. They wouldn't let me as they were showing no flight allocation when I phoned up, yet were on the DH website. The web price was £2013, yet the TC web price gave a free child place, free meals etc, 20kg luggage. I've ended up putting the Florida holiday back to 2010, well not quite yet as I need to phone back in May to do this.

I also got 2.5% cashback via Quidco when booking with TC online! :cheers
Hi

I joined Holiday Truths just so I could reply to you. I trawled the internet and TripAdvisor deciding where to go on holiday this year. I have been looking since last August. I chose the Royal Wings as the food, entertainment, size of rooms etc. and waterpark especially appealed to me.

I found the cheapest prices to book the room and checked and checked flight prices. I was on the verge of booking a couple of weeks ago and then I came across your article.

I looked at Direct Holidays and was dismayed, but not surprised to find they wanted £4955 in August for our holiday. However I took your tip and phoned them. They offered us 2 weeks for £3188! I asked the lady to repeat it and recheck and she confirmed what she had said.

Due to your wonderful advice, we saved £1800 just because I had phoned and not taken the website as conclusive.

I was amazed. I could have put the holiday together for about £3400 but that was with night flights (coming back at 4am), less luggage, no transfers or meals on the plane!

We went away with Direct Holidays a few years ago and they were brilliant. We are so excited and still baffled as to how we got such a good deal!

Do let me know if you enjoy yourselves in June.

Best regards

Nina
Firstly Hi and a huge welcome to Holiday Truths Nina, I'm sure you'll find the sight invaluable, as I have, and it really helps to make the most out of your hard earned holiday.

It was due to this site, and all the advice from the members, that we tried Turkey for the first time and I'm so glad we did. We've been 3 times now in the last 2 years and can't think of anywhere else that would suit us so well - guaranteed weather, wonderful hotels with waterparks for the children, beautiful people and fantastic food and facilities, especially the turkish baths and spa facilities and reasonable length flights.

I'm really pleased you got such a great deal and am thrilled I could help. Anything you want to ask about the hotel, fire away and I will either find out for you when I'm there or let you know how it was when I get back. I find the discussion here brilliant for little things that you often otherwise couldn't find out such as what size room can I expect, are there pool towels provided (great when there are 6 of you as they take up a whole case)what activities foir kids, meal times, etc.

I was very surprised that the phone price with Direct was different to that shown on the web but found out earlier in the year that they weren't showing free kids on it when comparing prices for Lykia World. Just goes to show it's worth checking all available options before booking. I even tried taking my print out to TC travel agents as I had heard on here they can sometimes better the price but they were nowhere near in this incidence, siting that Direct must have secured a special deal as they couldn't bring up any free kids. We went with Direct in October and they were fine, as you know you get exactly the same facilities as any TC customer, but with included inflight meals and additional luggage and transfers.

Well welcome once again, and I hope you find Holiday Truths as fantastic as I have.
Hi
A question more to do with direct holidays really, do you have the same rep as thomas cook guests when you book with them??
Just wondered with them being the same company really! Going to the Cornelia in Belek with DH at easter and never used them before!
Royal Wings is very good and has just won an award on TA site for best for families! We have been to Lara 5 times and visited the Royal Wings! The Aqua park with wave pool and lazy river and funfair is amazing,
That's great news and really reassuring violet123 :)

Yes you are greeted by the same rep as TC, attend the same welcome meeting, etc, the only difference being the Direct Holidays logo on the tickets and luggage labels if used, oh and usually the cost ;)

Worth noting is that all DH packages include inflight meals, transfers and 20kg luggage so even if the price is the same initially between the two websites, TC's will have all these added at the checkout.
Direct Holidays are the only one of the T Cook group that are still giving 20k luggage all the others in the group are giving 15k and pay for the rest.

Marg
Thanks for that info!
With regards to Direct holidays giving 20 kilo's you also get the meal included! While i would not pay for the meal on a TC holiday we will take it with it being included! For us 3 it adds £89 to a TC holiday for the extra luggage and meals! The same holiday with TC to the Cornelia adding the extras was over £600 more!! Hope that they do not follow and start charging for these!
I have booked our holiday this morning and just wanted to say a big thank-you to pamplemousse and Nina for their excellent advice!
By trying all different avenues to book The Royal Wings the best price was around £4700 for 2 adults and 2 children. After seeing your posts I contacted Direct Holidays this morning and have booked saving us £1200 (thats a lot of turkish massages!)
The hotel looks fantastic and I am soooo excited. Many thanks again, thats what this site is all about.
That's great Gailjenks, glad to be of help. :tup

When are you going? We go on 14th June, can't wait. I do take my children out of school I'm afraid otherwise we just couldn't afford it with there being 4 of them. Luckily their schools are ok about it and I do think they benefit from having real quality time with their family - just my view though I know it's not always shared.

The hotel does look lovely though, doesn't it? We have been to some lovely hotels in Turkey, all with excellent slides which is really important to the kids. Last year we went to Aqua Fantasy and they had their own waterpark so that will take some beating in that department. They all are really into their food too despite being twigs, and are very adventurous so they find meals as important as we do!!

Happy holidays :cheers
Hi! We are going on the 15th August for 2 weeks, with todays weather it can't come soon enough! I'll be really interested in your tips when you come back. We have a girl of 12 and a boy of 9 and so will be interested in activities for them, especially our daughter who is a bit of an inbetween age.

Is anyone else booked for thse dates?

Thanks, Gail
Let me know anything you want to find out and I'll check it out for you. Our children are of similar ages, they'll be 12, 9, 7 (boys) and girl 7 so I should be able to help out with details of the activities available.

I agree, can't come soon enough, at least we have something to look forward to during this horrid weather.
Hi

Just wanted to tell Gail we are going on 11th August so would be fun to meet up sometime during your holiday at the Royal Wings. Hope to go with friends but they have not decided yet so would be nice to meet a friendly face.

Regards

Nina
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.