Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Local bus less than a hour, prob about 30 mins max. On down side is you have timed entry and have to wait to get in. Price on bus includes entry, a bargain, the caves are on the outskirts of Porto Cristo,nice harbour.Alternatively you could go by boat from Sa Coma and walk to the entrance. Nice day out. CBG
thanks very much for your help is this a trip through the rep or could we or would we be better diy also 2 adults 3 kids any ideas on price
thanks
If I were you I would hire a car, after the caves you can have a drive down to Cala Dor for the harbour and "boat watching"and then if you hire it for 2 days, take a trip up to Pollensa and then on to Cap Formentor. I thought the Caves were impressive until I went there, it really is a stunning experience, some of the best photos I have of my family were taken there, truly a worthwile trip.
Just a tip, if you do hire a Car.

On the outskirts of Porto Christo there are some other Caves, which (although I've never been) I hear are a bit of a disappointment. However, many Car Drivers who maybe don't know exactly where they are going, go there by mistake.

The real Caves of Drach are, as a previous poster said, spectacular, so make sure you visit the right ones!
The caves are so close a trip would be expensive. The local bus stop will give you the price inc admission, fraction of cost of the reps trip. CBG
A superb day out and a must see whilst in Sa Coma.
We went by local bus, much cheaper.

:sun2 Toonman
For a more personnal experience, why not try the Caves of Arta which are just north of Sa Coma - about 10 minutes by car. Only small groups of about 40 people at a time enter the caves. Where as when you enter the caves of Drach, about 1000 people at a time enter - very crowded and claustrophobic. In the Caves of Arta you can take as many photos as you like and you have a guide who tells you everything. In the Caves of Drach, you are not allowed to take your own photos, so you have to purchase their photos at a price.
Why not do a boat trip from Sa Coma to Porto Cristo? We did the 'pirate' trip from Cala Bona to Porto Cristo which stopped off at Porto Cristo. They do boats direct to Porto Cristo and the cave entrance is just a little walk from the harbour area.

Tis
we got a taxi which didnt cost much at all and it wasnt a long journey. make sure you walk back into porto cristo. its a lovely place to visit.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.