General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I would think your idea of a flight and sorting it directly would be your best bet in this situation.
Wow, thanks for your prompt reply! That's the route that my brain keeps coming back to so there may be something in it.
What I would do- is book my flight.If The room has already been booked-and paid for-(accommodating three people)- I would just join my family- and stay in the room anyway!. It accommodates 3- if this is self catering (and not half board/all inc)- I really cant see the problem.! .-

belly
I'd definately go the direct with the hotel approach .

I know where BB is coming from but cant see that working if this is anything other than a totally self catering accomodation. I'd be constantly looking over my shoulder , wouldnt be able to relax and then a bed would possibly need adding for a 3rd person not to mention a cleaner coming in .
hi...I would phone hotel...and tell them your predicament...they might welcome the extra bussiness and give you a good deal...means they get extra for very little extra cost to them...which is not via a TO so cash direct in thier hands...they might be even happier if you say you wil pay cash on arrival....tweetie
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions on this. The commonsense side of me thought I'll ask Thomson. Their reply was that it can be done but cannot be booked on website, only through their phone Sales or in their shops. Obviously being a TO they said that booking flight and just turning up at the hotel was a no-no. Then they would say that! But I wouldn't embarras the hotel like that anyway. When the "olds" have decided where they want to go then I can get things moving. Have done flight only and dealt with hotels direct before so it's nothing I'm shy about doing. All for making TO's work for getting my hard-earned money!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.