Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
We have just been upgraded to the above hotel, can anyone please tell me what part of Montego Bay this hotel is situated.
Thank you in anticipation.
10 weeks and 3 days to go
not sure exactly which part of Montego bay it is in, but we stayed in Sandals Montego Bay, which is right next to the airport and we visited royal Caribbean a few times and it is about 10 minutes away from Sandals Montego Bay Resort. It is very nice, especially the private island it has. Make sure you go for a meal over to the Thai restaurant on the Island.
Thanks for that maryjo
8) anyne out there can give us any info on the royal caribbean in montego bay as we have booked to go there next may - we have seen all the brochures but obviously up to date info from anyone who has visited would be much better. 8) :wink:
We are going Nov 13th for 14 days, will post info when i get back
to kingsfolly

thanks i will be looking forward to your views - i have looked at a couple of sites and it seems that it is a mixed reaction/view and some are not too good. obviously when you book a sandals you are expecting top class :roll: and some people were really shocked :shock: as they were not impressed. any decent photos you can put here as well will be welcome as all the brochures and websites show the same oldphotos :wink: :)
to kingsfolly

by the way what did you mean by saying that you had been upgraded to the royal caribbean :? had you booked somewhere else then
To nevil58

We booked Sandals Inn, Montego bay but 3 days later the travel agent phoned us informing us that sandals had overbooked and would we mind being upgraded, it was either that or cancell, we wnt for Sandalls Inn as it was small and we went to a small hotel in cancun last Dec and had a great time. A bit more personnel.

Will forward real pictures and my review when we get back, i know what you mean by all the pictures in brochures and web sites being the same.
I think they tart the colours up a bit
to kingsfolly

you have had a good deal then because it would of cost you more to stay at royal caribbean than your original - i have heard that sometimes when you arrive you can be asked to swap hotels as well because it seems to be a big problem with sandals overbooking - you will still be able to go to sandals inn anyway with your exchange priveleges :lol: 8) looking forward to your views and original photos :) hope your views will be positive :!: :!:
8) there must be someone out there that has recently been to the above resort - up to date news wanted :roll: :)
Hi

Please don't bump your post :wink:

Pippy :D
anyone out there just been to royal caribbean in montego bay :) im after some up to date info on the hotel - i know that kingsfolly is going very soon and they will post here on their return but surely we cant be the only two that are visiting the place. some up to date photos would be great :!:
I understand that Sandals Inn is being refurbished at end of 2005 so that may be why you have been upgraded.

We have booked Sandals Inn for February with exchange priveleges to the 2 other local Sandals for meals, diving etc etc so will hopefully be going to a recently refurbed hotel ( we usually manage to go before refurbs rather than after them ! ).

For recent reviews http://www.tripadvisor.com is probably your best bet - but I'm sure you will have checked that out already.

Enjoy

Scubaman
4 weeks to go and can't wait, will try to pop over to Sandals Inn to get up to date info for you scubaman
Hi Kingsfolly

You are a star doing that specially for me - many thanks - have a drink on me whilst you are there !!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your holiday - will look forward to reading your report once you get back.

Scubaman
to kingsfolly

not long to go now 8) only 3 weeks - suitcases already packed :roll: hope you have a fantastic time and report back to me that royal caribbean is the best place you have been, the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Looking forward to your feedback - have a super time

*Edit to remove emoticons. Please keep the use of emoticons to a minimum in the holiday forums. Thanks. Pippy*
Not packed yet nevil58, and i havnt forgotten im going to report back. If i can manage it i will try to get pictures on the web as well, not just the brochure ones. Have been reading brilliant reviews for this resort, the more i read the better it sounds.
to kingsfolly

where are you finding these fantastic resorts as i cant find any good sites 8) :lol:
To Nevil58

Try a good search engine and type in Montego Bay. Then just trawl through the links to find info and reviews. It is time consuming and most pictures are the same as brouchere. I have just come across a lot of reviews about Sandals Royal Carribean and they are return visitors who say it has got even better.

2 weeks 6 days 22.5 hours and i'll be in the airport......not that im counting

Bring on the Appletone Rum
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.