Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
It's on Av del Periodista y Escritor Antonio Romero, close to Calle Lepanto and Avenida Europa. It has been completely refurbished. It used to just be the Monaco. We walked past recently and it looks quite nice.

I wouldn't say it's in the Old Town.

Here is a link to google maps.

Edited to add that it looks like the google map view was taken during the work.
THIS is the hotel's own website, and our review page for the hotel can be found HERE.

David :wave
Have a look at the sun4udirect.com they are offering A/I in November for 7 nights for £388.00 total party price for 2 people .. .. seems a bit cheap to me but that's what it saying, take a look.

Sue
Thank you all
yes Sue - thats the company I saw on the website for 470- so might go ahead - will post review etc if we book !
Tina xx
Tina .. you may like to take a look at our Sun4U topic. However you will see that a number of the negative posts have been made by new members who posted just once and then immediately disappeared:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=92334

Ok David thank you. i will keep an open mind and update etc. did o

didn't do any booking.........
I'm going to the Sandos Monaco with my 13 year old daughter and her friend at the end of June. Can anyone advise me of any pubs other hotels near the Sandos Monaco so that I can try and judge where we will be. I'm not good with the street names even though i've been quite a few times now so looking for landmarks that I might recognise. Also, does anyone have advice on where the best place to exchange money just now and do sterling TC's still exist? Yes, it's been a few years since I had a holiday, lol

:cheers

Karen
Hi All,

I've just returned last week from the Sandos Monaco hotel
It all finished, and is finished to a high standard. The reception, pool area and restaurant are all clean and modern.
As are the rooms which have a LCD tv attached to your wall (10 euro refudnable for remote!)

The food is mainly 'international', but they do try to mix it up a bit. (i.e pizzas, sea food etc..)

We didn't see much of the entertainment, as we tended to go for a walk on the night. Saw 10 minutes of the bingo one night!

We enjoyed our stay and would go back.

It's located in a quieter area, if you start at Cafe Benidorm and head towards old town, going past 'Churchhills', 'Red Dog' and 'The Village Pub', it's down on the right. (About 5-10 minutes walk)

We booked with Sun4U - £238 for 4 nights A/I + Transfers + flights. We thought that was good value for money.
The flights were with Ryanair which is another matter!!

I'd recommend the hotel.

Nik
Good Afternoon,

My name is Oscar from Sandos Monaco Hotel & Spa E-commerce Department. I only want to thank you all for your kind words on this website. We are reading everything in order to have better services and to learn from all of your experiences. Bad reviews are sent to our managers in order to be tracked to get to the root of the detected subject. Good reviews are the fuel for our work , we will keep raising the standards in order to give the best service to our guests.

Cheers ! :cheers

Kind Regards,

Oscar
Welcome Oscar.

It is a pleasure to hear that you are monitoring feedback and opinion here at Holidaytruths, and on our separate review page at Holiday-Truth.com, in order to ensure that your high standards are maintained, or improved upon if necessary.

Thanks David , we will try to be polite and not to bore any of the users with no promo, but we just want to thank the good reviews from the users in this thread, we are trying to help people to trust us even more. We are one of the hotels best reviewed on TripAdvisor and we want to keep this level of satisfaction on our guests in other channels as holidaytruths.co.uk.

Best Regards
Hi Oscar....I agree, its good to see someone from a hotel paying close attention to the comments and feedback of visitors in such an honest and open way. It can only lead to a better experience for all..well done!

Best Regards - Taggy
Hi Oscar,

Please could you tell me if the hotel provides any facilities for children as I am travelling to your hotel in July with two young children.

On a recent review on another popular site, a family were disappointed by the lack of entertainment for children.

Thanks
Good Morning,

There is mixed feelings about our entertainment for the kids, some parents think they are Ok, some parents don't.

We have a daily choice of activities like aerobics, aquaerobics, table tennis, darts, billiards, dance classes among others.
Games Room with table tennis, chess and other board games. Our pool have a special area for the kids , and do we have a Miniclub for the high seasons where they can enjoy their holidays as much as their parents.

Keep reading about Sandos Monaco and maybe you get to decide to come with your kids and enjoy the climate we starting to have in Benidorm, Summer has arrived earlier ! :sun2

Best Regards HolidayTruth Users !

Oscar

Sandos Monaco Hotel & Spa
Thank you for your prompt reply, we are looking forward to our holiday :)
I have booked this hotel for the 26th June and really looking forward to my holiday. I read somewhere that one of the downsides to the hotel is that you do not get the sun as late in the afternoon as some hotels. Can Oscar confirm if this is the case or not. I can just visualise myself sitting by the pool with my cocktail already :cheers

Karen x
The Sandos Monaco Hotel & Spa is adopting an adults only policy from 1 November:
http://www.sandos.com/en/sandos-monaco-hotel-spa-benidorm/all-inclusive-hotel-&-spa-adults-only.html

However, it seems that not all agents are aware. Some may not yet have informed families with existing bookings of this new policy, and some are still accepting bookings for families with kids from 1 November onwards.

Anyone with a reservation at this hotel from 1 November onwards which includes children may want to contact their booking agent asap.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.