Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
BenidormHereICome

under Layers if you tick the boxes airports and roads you will easily pick the road up :wink:
Hi Cazz, we pinpointed our little boys school and also believe it or not, our house, garden and car, it's amazing isn't it?

Sue :)
Just a minute B.H.I.C. I live in the north and I can clearly see my house, my garden and even my car. :lol:

Sue :)
Our street and home town are just a big blur!!! :?
Oh that's a shame Cazz, it's really good been able to see your house, we seem to be really lucky in Leeds, I have also had my mums house up which is about 7 miles away from here and that's really clear too.

Sue :) :)
Hi Sue,
Not so lucky up here in Durham..
Just been looking at benidorm again and zoomed in on Mundomar and Aqualandia. Seen some slides that we have missed. Now i know they are there, water park, here we come!!!. They must be well hidden coz I thought we'd seen everything. 7 weeks and counting. 8)
Hi Cazz, I haven't been on for ages but when I looked at Beni I couldn't make much out (All blurred) I will take another look.

Sue :) :)
BenidormHereICome

under Layers if you tick the boxes airports and roads you will easily pick the road up

Hi......thanks that worked. I did not know what the 'Layers' option did, but now I do, and its made the site even more fun to use.

Just a minute B.H.I.C. I live in the north and I can clearly see my house, my garden and even my car

Sorry, I was not saying the whole of the North of the UK was blurred, but from the searches I have thus far trried.....Grimsby, Cleethorpes, Bridlington to name just a few, they all come up very blurred.....well when I perform a search they do.....maybe its just me?
BHIC.
No it's not you. I'm from up north and it is blurred.
It just depends on whether a detailed aerial survey has been produced for your area. That's why it looks like the planet is covered squares! Luckily our area is very high resolution (even though we are oop north) The darker squares, as you look from high up, are usually the ones with the most detail low down. Bagdhad is in incredibly high detail, I wonder why? :D
The Benidorm data has been updated (as far as the old town). Not quite at the level it is at home but it's easy to identify individual hotels and apartment blocks.
Thanks for the info.
Thank you for that update. I have found The Benidorm Pueblo, The Rio Park Hotel, The Hotel Helios, The Hotel Venus, and The Hotel Castillia at the moment......still looking for others I have stayed in, but it IS much better now. I can also see the place where the Market is held. Although the expanse of land is empty, so these shots were clearly not taken on a Wednesday or a Sunday.

You can also see the Indoor Market and the Underground Car Park entrance and exits.

The Hotel Helios Pool is covered so they must have taken these aerial shots sometime this past winter.
Oh my god, how much clearer is that. I've often wondered what the pool was like at the Pelicanos. If thats the right one I'm looking at, it looks huge. We may well book there next year. :P

Flamingo Oasis pool is well shaded, looks like I'll be running around the pool of a day, or beach it.

Glad the glitch has been sorted, I thought I'd lost you all forever!
You can also clearly see 'Muggers Alley' now and just how close it is to a large piece of waste ground. Part of 'The Yellow Brick Road' can also be seen.
I'm not sure how up to date these new images are, as although I have just found Mundomar and Terra Mittitica, I have been unable to locate Terra Natura.
Thanks for the update on Google earth
I have just enjoyed a session looking at all the familiar sites in Benidorm.
It took me a while to learn to navigate and zoom in, it is amazing how clear it all is.
Unfortunately Lincoln is not very clear yet.
Sue
I have just managed to find my way from Alicante Aiport....all along the motorway, under that very long tunnel......well not litterally under it but i could follow it , out the other side. through the toll booths and all the way right into the centre of Benidorm and down to the beach. It was totally amazing....just wish I was doing it for :( real
Just downloaded google earth on dial up ZZzzzzzzz. had a look at Beni and managed to find the two seperate castle towers in Valencia. moved on and found our apartment blocks in Benalmadena and Torremolinos.Had a look for our house,clear as a bell,couldnt think what the white things were in our back garden.Then it dawned on us, it was our old patio table and chairs.We got rid of those about 4-5 years ago.And the street outside,looked as if everyone had gone away.Hardly any cars,now you have a job to find a parking space.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.