France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Sorry doe can't really help, but ski areas do tend to be a bit pricier than 'normal' areas as restaurants and hotels have to make all their money in a relatively short time.

Here in Alsace, I would expect to pay 3€ for a coke 2€ for a small (33cl) bottle of water, 4€ for chips if the restaurant will sell them separately from a meal, 8-9€ for pasta or a pizza and for a slice of cake anything from 1€ for a croissant to 6€ for a singing and dancing cream cake! Set lunches exist in mountain top restaurants, but I would expect them to be a bit more expensive than down in the valleys say between 10 and 15 €.

This sadly is mostly a guestimate, but probably to err on the side of generosity ... she can always bring you back a present with any euros she has left!
Thanks for replying Alsa

30 Euros a day keeps popping in to my mind, as I am assuming half board means she will need to pay for a drink with her evening meal as well.

I also suspect ski resorts are a bit more expensive than elsewhere. (it's light years since I went ski-ing)

I thought perhaps 25 euros per day for vitals, leaving a slush fund of 35 Euros to be spent as she wishes, but I'm wondering if thats a bit tight. :think

Doe
I went skiing once ....... when I was 16 with my school. NEVER AGAIN (and I know that my teachers shared the same view!!). But skiing did make me very hungry and a bar of choc (200g size) was a must between lunch and dinner............... I would be a bit more generous if you can afford it! Don't want her collapsing from lack of sugar and energy part way down a slope would you?!
Yes, I am thinking of upping it to 35 or even 40. :think

You are right it's not like a beach holiday where my two can manage with a large magarita pizza between them & a couple of ice creams for lunch because it's so hot and you don't want to eat much.

Skiing is a very physical sport and she will have a two hour lesson both morning and afternoon. I would hate her to be hungry. Perhaps I could stuff her suitcase full of cadbury's dairy milk, I'm not sure if thats allowed with all the new rules and regs.

Doe
Perhaps I could stuff her suitcase full of cadbury's dairy milk

Not a bad idea - I always bring back as much CDM from the UK as I can afford or can carry for a local Scots lady who's addicted to the stuff! No problems with carrying it!

Kind regards!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.