Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Nothing specific about Sveti Vlas, but there's an online news report HERE.

There were several of these 'flash floods' last year, normally within a day or so, everything's dried out & back to normal.

Baldur
cheers that was quick
Hear the weather is very bad in sunny beach.......any new update
The rain had stopped a couple of hours ago, according to a post elsewhere - as I said previously, flash floods of this type are not that unusual - there were similar ones in Dobrich & Varna last July when I was there, the following day you wouldn't have known that there had been any rain.

Baldur
thanks baldur for that just some friends came back to day and said sunny beach very bad could'nt leave there hotel last night with floods and that they were calling a state of emergency because of it.......
news from a local source here. Haven't been involved in flash floods there but I have experienced them in Rio and Bangkok. If Bulgaria is similar( and looks like it is due to poor drainage, as was the case in the other two) it will probably disappear within hours.
You'll find 3 photos of Sunny Beach & Burgas in this Norwegian newspaper.

A 24-hour state of emergency was, apparently, declared in Nesebar, after which cancellation or extension will be considered, and there's a meeting at 8 p.m. tonight which will decide whether or not it's necessary to declare a state of emergency in the Burgas district.

Baldur
i have been in flash floods before in turkey and spain they do dry up fast dont worry,
stayed in the victoria palace last year and we had a good storm.lots of leaks in the hotel.outside the kids were going down the road on airbeds :shock: next morning there were only one or two puddles to be seen,and they soon dried up.
From a holidaymaker's report this morning from Sunny Beach (my precis of the contents):

There is no need yo worry about the news of floods over here just now. It was overcast on Saturday morning, follwed by rain in the afternoon and a small thunder storm.

On Sunday it was very stormy & thundery with torrential rain.

The resort flooded but today it's getting back to normal. Floods are just about away and the sun is back out but with still quite a strong wind at the moment.

The weather forecast is to get back to hot, hot sunny days.

SB doesn't have a very good drainage system yet and this is the only reason why the roads flood.

You have to paddle to croos the road, but it's fun.

Baldur
Hi got back from Sunny beach on wednesday morning we stayed at the Majestic for two weeks we had good weather for the first week then we had the storm. we had to stay in hotel for the day because of flooding in resort The Majestic entertainment centre was flooded and i think the gym got it also We had no electric for eight hours in hotel
the beach and sea was lovley before the storm but when we left the resort the sea looked dirty and the beach a churned over i did feel sorry for all the new arrivals to the resort I hope it soon gets back to normal :cry:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.