Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Is this really that big a deal? Usually on AI complexes you can only use certain restaurants once a week or something anyway.

I guess you could try them for a room upgrade but I can't see them agreeing.
You do not say which hotel.

Was the offer in the TC brochure or shown on the website?

Is it still being shown?

It is quite possible that the hotel have changed things since you booked and have not informed TC of this.

It is also possible that for TC bookings they will still honour the offer irrespective of the room class booked.

You actually refer to the hotel website giving this information and nothing in writing from the hotel to say they will not honour the TC booking.

I would suggest that you write to TC (signed for service) - enclosing a copy of the email - informing them of your concerns asking for confirmation your booking will be honoured as advertised.

I see no reason for TC to upgrade your rooms simply that they confirm with the hotel that the service booked will be supplied.

As the holiday has not yet been taken you have no legal redress at this stage.

fwh
Hotel Royal Playa del Carmen. It actually is a big deal to me - this cost a lot and I will never get to be there again. It was not a "once a week only" restaurant - every night if you want!
I told the hotel that I was booked through TC but they emailed back saying it was not available now to our category room - junior suite. TC's brochure says five restaurants but of course now four.
I'm not being picky - it is the principle that they can just make an eating place "off limits".
Hi Sunbeam, I am going there Sept 1st. Looks excellent doesn't it? Can't wait.!!!
As I understood it ,you can still use Chef's Plate, - only if you are in regular junior suite, you have to book through your concierge? I understood it was only at the Royal Cancun that it wasn't available to guests in the junior suite. Maybe I have understood this wrong and I guess if you have been in touch with the hotel, then you are correct.
I am not really that bothered anyway, as it is a set menu and I would rather eat at one of the other restaurants that has a menu. Don't forget you can also eat at the 2 restaurants at the sister hotel the Gran Porto, so really we have a choice of 6 other restaurants to eat at. When are you going?
Denny
Sorry Sunbeam, just re-read your post and see you are going in August...... We are there 1st to 16th Sept.Denny
main buffet restaurant; five ala carte restaurants including Mexican/French fusion, a Caribbean grill and another serving Japanese cuisine;

I have checked the TC website for this hotel and the restaurant details are quoted above.

You have booked a holiday - forget special occasions - they have nothing to do with it except where you are taking legal action, then it would be used as a reason for having booked.

You have booked a holiday that promises you that facility. Your payment of a deposit and receipt of an acknowledgement from the TO confirming that booking is a contract.

Since making that booking you have been informed by the hotel that you will not be supplied with the full services that you have entered into a contract with Thos Cook to be supplied.

Your proof is contained in an email from the hotel.

You should now contact (in writing) TC and inform of this. You should request confirmation from them - within 7 days - that they will ensure you do receive those services. For obvious reasons if the hotel had informed you they had closed one of the restaurants for repair then it could be classed as an unforeseen circumstance.

In your case the hotel is changing the criteria and whilst TC may not be aware of it they have a contract with you to ensure that service is available - even if you do not actually avail yourself of it.

Failure to obtain that reassurance from TC then you need to seek legal advice.

May I suggest that you contact Ros Fernihough

Contact details here - The direct number to Ros's PA Pam is 01922 705134

Or try the switchboard number 01922 633214 and ask for Travel Dept.

The only connection that Ros has with HT is the number of members she has helped.

She neither reads or contributes to the forum and is one of the top people in the country on travel law and its many alleyways.

Please keep us informed on this and the outcome. All feedback is of great help to other people who have a problem.

fwh
Sunbeam, I am really confused about this..
I earlier e-mailed the RPDC re Chef's Plate and have had a reply (from Anna) stating that the restaurant IS available for all room catagories, but that it is reservation only. It is only the Royal Cancun that has the policy of only certain rooms being able to use Chef's Plate. The website needs updating - it also states that long trousers need to be worn in all the restaurants whereas they only need to be worn at Chef's Plate. There is loads of information about this on Trip Advisor. Hope this helps. Denny
Thank you for choosing our hotel The Royal Playa del Carmen to celebrate your wedding anniversary with us. I would like to let you know that our Chef's Plate regulation changed two months ago, it states that this service is available only for Royal Junior Suites Ocean View and higher categories. The type of room you have booked Junior Suite doesn't include this service.

Copy of part of email received from assistant manager at hotel - they then went on to say we could pay $250 for an anniversay dinner package.

Thanks for advice fwh.
Denny - we go home on 3rd Sept so we will have a crossover of two days!

Will keep y'all posted on any results!
Sorry for the too many quotes in above - got carried away!!
Sunbeam, Crazy isn't it? sounds like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing!! Appartently you can just turn up and if there are any no shows, you can go in!! Without a reservation!!
Have you read the reviews for it on TA? Sounds great, can't wait.... Really must stop wishing my life away!!
Denny
Hi Denny! I'll agree with you there - really confusing. Yes I have looked at Trip advisor - only every day twice a day for the past 3 months!! I like other peoples photos too.
Yes Sunbeam, me too! Hubby thinks I have a secret lover on the net!!! I spend that much time on the site. Denny
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.