Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Summer 2007
63 Posts
Hi Laurence

Which TO are you thinking of booking with? First Choice/Eclipse summer '07 holidays will probably go on sale at the end of April.

Pippy :D
That's great thanks Pippy. I was thinking of FC in particular.
Laurence
First Choice are launching Summer 2007 in April 12th. :lol:
Does anyone know when Thomson Summer 07 will be on sale?
Does anyone know (especially Travel Agents or perhaps Lorry Drivers who deliver the goods!) when the Summer 2007 brochures are out?
I assume they all come out about the same time, but I am particularly after Thomsons brochure as I know where I want to go!

Thanks,

Sharon x

:sun
First Choice Travel Agents phoned me to invite me to their "launch nite" of the new '07 brochure which goes on sale 12 April. I always book with them and book way in advance as I generally know where I want to go which is why they rang. From experience, the rest of the brochures come out end of April and into May. I am looking to book with Flyglobespan for '07 as they offer a hotel that only Thomsons/Portland do but its a lot cheaper with Flyglobespan, but they have told me their '07 summer holidays don't go on sale untill around Sept.
Keep an eye on the globespan site, I did last year and booked flights to malaga on the 6th august 2005 to go 4th july this year for 11nights, this was before I got an e-mail saying next seasons flights were on sale! Paid £285 return for 4 of us which I thought was an excellant price, now they want £998!!
Hi, does anyone know when summer 2007 goes on sale for first choice holidays.
i rang first choice today he was not sure what did they come on sale he has heard 2 dates tomorrow or bank holiday weekend. im on first choice website tomorrow as i cant wait to book.

hope this is some help.
I have been checking their website all day as I cant wait to book. I hope it is tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
I've been invited to a FC 'launch party" tomorrow night. So I guess we are talking about Thursday for them to be on sale.
Hi
Im an agent
First choice official on sale date is Thursday - However their viewdata system that all agents use was switched on today unofficially. Whether it is available tomorrow is open to debate - Its a game of operator cat and mouse at this time of year.
You can be certain that all 4 of the major players - Thomson, Thomas Cook and Airtours alongside First Choice will be on sale by the end of this month if not by Thursday.
Of course Virgin and Kosmar are already on sale for 2007 - I have already booked my own with Virgin.

PS-Noticed how everyone is looking to book on the net....If you are savvy you could probably push your online discount of about 8% with the main operators to about 10% with your friendly neighbourhood agent - Remember he then sorts the flight changes, building work and other crap rather than you in the bargain and he may offer you a delayed low deposit.
Thomson definately on sale 27th april.
hello top banana,
i allways get a price online, print it off then off i go to my local travel agent who usally matches or beats the price plus free insurance and travel toand from my local airport. they allways offer low deposits.

tracey
Shirley- will that also be Thomson cruises for Summer 07 then?
I think First Choice is Thursday 13th on the internet anyway
I popped into our nearest First Choice shop this morning - their brochures had apparently been delivered but they had been too busy to unpack them, she said they'd probably have them ready later in the afternoon, but they had the prices on the system already. I didn't have time to nip back for a brochure this afternoon, just got home now, and the prices/dates aren't available on the website yet either - maybe tomorrow. I also got a mailing from Eclipse yesterday saying that Summer 2007 was on sale now, but they haven't got it on their website yet either.
Off to Gran Canaria on Saturday anyway, so I'll probably leave it now until we get back after Easter, there will probably be more brochures from more TOs available then.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.