Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
same all over Goa - about 6am and 6pm Jan/Feb/March Sunrise and sunset in goa is very sudden! One second its light the next dark and vis :P
Hi John & Carol - just wondering why you need to know what the sunset times are ? - your not vampires are you :lol:
March 20, 2006 Rise Set
Actual Time 6:39 AM IST 6:45 PM IST
Civil Twilight 6:17 AM IST 7:07 PM IST
Nautical Twilight 5:52 AM IST 7:31 PM IST
Astronomical Twilight 5:27 AM IST 7:56 PM IST
Moon 11:21 PM IST (3/20) 9:52 AM IST (3/20)
Length Of Visible Light: 12h 49m
Length of Day 12h 06m

There you go 8)
hi feelthevibe,
thank-you for the info. much appreciated,
john and carol
I thought the posting about vampires , from Spike was particulary amusing, because one of the most popular and loved vampire characters on Buffy the Vampire slayer and Angel is called Spike.
Going off topic here, but every time I see a posting from Spike of Holiday truths, I imagine what Spike the vampire is getting upto in Goa. Perhaps he is sitting all day in the shade in one of the beach shacks, sipping his kingfishers and looking for his next prey. He longs for the Sunset happy hour, where he can get cocktails half price. Then he enjoys the sights and smells of the beach barbcue and the firework display.

Back on topic and Moral of the story.
If you plan to go out before sunrise or sunset , make sure you have some insect repellant handy. Otherwise you make wake up later wondering where them bites around your neck have come from. I made that mistake by staying on the beach all day and then come sunset, enjoyed my cocktails, but got bit. From past experience Fair skins, Blondes and red heads seem to be more suspectible to the odd bite. Whilst on the beach, enjoy the Meat and fish cooked in Garlic. Not only does this keep the vampires away, but Garlic, particulary Garlic Capsules are supposed to help as an insect repellants. Plus it the food takes rather good! Please do not take Garlic tablets and think you can get away without spraying. For all round protection, Spray, take Garlic Tablets and Anti-Malarial tablets. Those people who never get bit have probably got some sort of Genetic immunity, but we cant all be that lucky. For First timers, dont worry , the place isnt swarming with mosquitos (or vampires), but the odd one can come from nowhere.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.