Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Taba Heights
11 Posts
The journey from the tin shack that passes for an airport to Taba heights takes approximately 40 - 45 minutes. Yes it is along a mountain road but it is not that treacherous if you have your eyes shut!!!! :rofl

In all serious, it is a winding road and depending on the driver, the journey is totally smooth or you can feel utterly sick. Some of them are in such a hurry they really chuck the bus round those sharp bends.

Most hotels at Taba heights have direct access to thier own bit of private beach. There is a bus service every half hour that takes you to to the beach also where the Red Sea Waterworld diving centre is.Journey is less than 5 minutes to the beach
Been a few times from Taba Airport--Nuweiba--------------Believe me the road isn't that bad-a bit adventourous------------Some great views!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for that,look's like i will have to keep my eyes shut!! :rofl
Hi riddick, i have just returned from egypt, i didnt stay at three corners but a friend of mine did. I went to visit him on my second day there and the hotel is pretty awfull. The room my friend had was very small and dark and paid £200 to upgrade his room when he arrived and it wasnt much better than the first room.The staff are rude and kept questioning them when they went to the pool bar for a drink saying they have just had one. when i left yesterday we picked up from there hotel and i had a quick chat with my friend and he wasnt happy, he was saying the food is not nice, same things everyday mainly pasta, and when his wife asked the chef if he would make some chips for the kids he put two fingers upto her and told her to F-off, he also said that most people were eating out instead of in the hotel. I only spent a few hours there and i am only saying what my friend has told me, but i wouldnt reccomend this hotel.
Tin Shack !!

I should point out the Taba International Airport (TCP) is thought to be one of the World's busiest "international passenger airports in a desert miles from anywhere".

It's rumoured a plane once landed there and no-one noticed for nearly two days...
The journey we had there and back to the hotel was fine. Even if it was pitch black and winding in and out those mountains did look scary ;)
:offtop
We stayed at the three corners in May and it wasnt as bad as the other post made out at all. The staff are lovely there and the chefs were wonderful we saw them working day and night and they always had a smile and a joke. Ok the food may not be to everyones taste but you will always find somethng to eat and yes they did make chips ok not everyday but why go to Egypt just to eat chips. My 8 year old loved trying kofta and they even tried liver whilst out there.
Ok it may not be the grandest hotel in Taba Heights but look at what you are paying and then think will I get 5* treatment.

As for the rooms all we did was sleep in them and wash the rest of the time was spent eating, swimming and snorkelling.
You must try a steak at the beach bar though they are out of this world :tup
We flew into Taba in 2006 I must admit I was dreading flying into a military airport I had imagined all sorts but for a military airport I thought it was very plush, it looked like a marble castle from the outside. We had no problems at all arriving or departing. The transfer to the hotel was fine as it was pitch black :cheers
Was it pitch black 'cos the driver refused to use his lights!
or maybe his lights just didn't work! :rofl
My husband and I went to the 3 corners Taba Heights a couple of years ago and found it to be excellent value for money. The grander hotels down on the beach were of course nicer, but seemed too impersonal. Plus they cost a lot more!
The journey was boring but not dangerous.Lot's of security checks.
We liked it enough to go to another 3 Corners last year in Sharm El Sheik. This too was good value, but again not as nice as 5* hotels. You get what you pay for. If we only went away on a long awaited holiday once a year, we may not mind paying the extra, but we try to go abroad 3/4 times a year and are happy to look for a bargain each time. We feel with A/I holidays you can't go wrong as there is always something in the buffet that you can enjoy, and all drinks are included, whereas we have paid for restaurant meals in Egypt and not liked them, thereby wasting our money.
There is nothing to do or see in this region though, and unless you go on trips, little shopping to be done, so we only spent money on tips for staff at the hotel.The hotel has a small shopping mall around it, but not too many shops were open at that time as they were only just built.
They were building a golf course on the road down to the beach when we were there, and we walked rather than wait for the shuttle bus quite often. But what we did find was that a lot of guests from the posher hotels would come up to ours for the evenings, walk around the mall and stay, even though they had to pay for their drinks, so that tells you something about the hotel. Unless it has changed for the worse, you will have a nice time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.