Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Don't do it!
They are NOT expensive in Cyprus. I was paying CYP£15.50 (GBP£19.37) for 200 Royals in the supermarkets in May. Most other brands (B&H CYP£25, GBP£30) not much more.

PS there is no duty free to or from Cyprus.

Ady
Carol, 20 Mayfair is cy£1.70 so approx £2 GBP. I'd love to see somewhere over here you can get them at that price.

I've had to go through Bristol airport a few times as it's my 2nd most local airport and they're no cheaper there than anywhere else lol.
As Ady rightly points out though you cannot buy cigs in UK airports unless your going to a non EU country....of which Cyprus is now a member of.

So your allowed 3,200 for personal use brought back from Cyprus. My personal experience would advise buying them in your resort too as the airport shop is either slightly more expensive (plus you have to carry as hand luggage) or the same price as the resort supermarkets, which means you can pack em in your suitcase :wink:
Yes... please support the local shopkeepers. Though last month, my local store was charging a higher price if you paid by plastic. So pay in cash.

Marion
I take it there is not a no smoking ban in Cyprus.

I'm going next week too. On Wednesday.

Can't wait. :D :D

Specially with the foul weather here at the moment.

BB :D
I take it there is not a no smoking ban

Actually...there is...

...although you wouldn't notice ;)
A word of caution when thinking of buying locally and packing cigarettes into your case. My husband did this when we returned from Paphos in March and 800 were stolen from the suitcase despite it being locked. If he brings any back next time, we will buy them in the airport and keep them with us.
There have been reports in the press recently of bars and restaurants being 'raided' by the police for not enforcing non-smoking regs or having designated smoking and non-smoking areas.
I must say I didn't see this while I was there and it was pretty well business as usual with smoking being almost compulsory in some places!!
I think they choose a law which is to be enforced that week
One week it was speeding, the next drink driving, then smoking, followed by noise from bars.

Not sure which one it is this week though, maybe helmets on scooters, that one must be about due again soon :D

Ady
Sounds very much like Bulgaria. There is a smoking ban there supposedly but its never enforced. :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.