Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_PROD_010220&propertyType=document

That gives you a list of what you can bring back.

Dont bring anything back in hand luggage as you get checked about 5 times before you leave goa and the customs guys there are always on the look out for stuff they can take off you.

Plus the UK customs are like eagles my father inlaw brought 600 smokes back with his partner and cause he was over by 200 cigs they took the lot of him. However i had 2000 cigs in my suitcase and walked straight through :lol:

Bringing anything back over the limit you are taking a chance for being the one spot check and losing the lot.

There used to be an urban rumour that if you could bring as much back as you liked providing the seal on the individual packets was broken and 1 cig had been taken out the packet however if you do that the cigs were generally dried out before you got to smoke them.
hi mrstella ive come back from goa on xmas day and the usual security at goa airport as you walk to the tarmac was not there so no last minute checks for us, but you are right about the uk customs and excise just pack it into your suitcase and hope for the best
neil
at airport in goa when you put your bags through x ray machine there is a to**er who will ask you for a bribe basically no reciept just go in his pocket tell him you aint got any cash some people got away with it they must be pocketing thousands of pounds.they then have another check with x-ray further on after cases have been checked in then they set a table up on walkway through gate just before you go onto tarmac nothing at man airport though :wink:
I got away with 1000 in case last february. Took them out of 200 cartons and just put them in case in 20 packs no problems, but didn't get spot check when arrived back into Manchester just take a chance.

joan123
Please note that HT does not condone exceeding the customs limit without declaring it.
Icameback from Goa on the 12th of \anuary, but we took a scheduled flight fromMumbai, I brought home 10,000 cigarettes, there were no checks whsts so ever, Goa are like vultures on the make all the time, we had to bbpay 700 rps to leave goa for mumbai but mumbai didnt even weigh our cases just put them straight on the vonveror belt and it was a much nicer flight the hours sped by
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.