Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
taxi's
88 Posts
Hubby and I are going in 6 weeks (and counting) and I booked a transfer with charm of sharm (google that and you will find their website). They charge £14 for a transfer for 2-4 ppl (I think it was 2-4 ppl) - ps. that is in total.
For a return transfer they charge £25 for 2-4 ppl. Very good and they give you a number to text before you leave to let them know your plane is leaving.
We had the usual problem getting a taxi from Sharm airport to Hilton Sharks Bay. Price started at £25 and after 10 mins of haggling and walking off he agreed to accept £10. Taxi was a blue and white death-trap. Going back we booked a hotel limousine taxi(air-conditioning, doors...the works) and that cost only LE 60 (£5.40). Driver was very friendly and kept us entertained on the journey so we gave him LE 100. We got his card for when we go back in October. Anyone else wanting to book him, here are his details...

Mohamed Taha

Email mahand77777@hotmail.com

Mob 0020125572737
cant really see what your complaining about its the same in the u.k .try pricing up a taxi or minibus from one of our airports to where you live .these guys in sharm are just making a living after all :lol: :lol: :lol:
Has anyone used a company called Holiday Taxis?
If so , how did you find them?
Hi - never heard or used them but found their website http://www.holidaytaxis.com
Eirian
Arrived at Sharm airport on Sat 10th March. We needed a taxi to the Hilton Sharm Dreams . The usual scam is being applied - inflated prices are quoted. My wife is recovering from a broken ankle so we could not walk very far. - (I THINK if you walk around the taxi/coach/car park opposite the terminal building and haggle you would get a lower price). The lowest I got to was a scandalous £15, which we paid just to get out of the airport. - Anyway - on arriving at the hotel we encountered another UK couple who has paid £25 for the same journey. I wonder if the airport police/security are in on this scam - On the return journey (In the Hilton curtesy bus) I noted that our driver paid at the airport gate to get his vehicle admitted. - Are the cab drivers passing this cost on ?
Hi

Please does anyone know the price of a taxi from Sharm airport to Mirabel Beach / Park? or if the hotel does transfers? Many thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.