Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
topic wrote:
Just wondering if anyone on this site has flown with Thomson recently.

Many Thanks,

Topic

You could say that ;)

Many of the aircraft changes are scheduled and planned lately, most if not all customers have been advised by letter/email. Also many customers travel frequently and are used to either an ex Thomsonfly or ex First Choice and have their favourite for various reasons, it has just comes as surprise when they are on the opposite plane to what they are used to. There has been a lot of changes to accommodate maintenance and to get the right aircraft on the right route- i.e. more economy seats or more premium seats rather than it always being one type of aircraft at one base(LGW always used to always have ex-FC aircraft, but more often than not premium could not be filled or not be filled profitably)

I wouldn't worry about any changes, any more than any other airline.
hi darren
is to early to find out what type of plane we will be flying on,go on the 15 july manchester to Enfida flight number tom778/779
also we have booked 25kg luggage allowance will this be ok in one case as i have read cases can't be over 23kg on health and safety grounds.
thanks in advance for your help you do a great job
christiger007,

MAN-NBE-MAN (TOM778/9) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. The maximum weight for checked-in luggage is 23kg. Anything over 23kg will be refused travel. If you want to take 25kg, you'll have to take 2 bags with a combined weight of 25kg, and none exceeding 23kg.

Darren
Does someone know what happened to flight TOM144 yesterday ? It seems it was heavily delayed but left from Gatwick. I'm surprised as long-haul flight numbers from Gatwick start with 0 normally ...
Julmops,

It was only an hour and 5 minutes delayed, I wouldn't say it was heavily. The scheduled departure was 0940 and it left the gate at 1045. The scheduled arrival in CUN was 1435z. It made up a few minutes inflight and arrived at 1542z, operated by G-OOBL. It's showing as MAN-CUN as normal on my screen.

Darren
That's very strange as it shows delayed from yesterday and having left from Gatwick on my app ...
Hi Darren

do you know if flight TOM2294 Man-TFS on 27/12/11 is a Thomson or an ex First Choice plane yet, or is it still to early to know?

Also do you mknow where this plane will be ariving from prior to our departure?

cheers
james 84,

Aircraft are rotated weekly so it's too early to know. It's ex-TOM mainly, but it can change at any time. It should be the first flight for that aircraft that morning.

Darren
Hi Darren can you please advise where the Aircraft comes in from for our flight Tom 144 Man/Can on Saturdays.
qatarman,

The aircraft operating your flight (MAN-CUN-MAN - TOM144/5) normally operates a cruise charter beforehand; MAN-Barbados-MAN (TOM118/9). This is only selected dates though and not in March. Looking at the schedule, there isn't a long haul flight the day before from MAN until 23rd March. The aircraft either doesn't operate, or positions in. I'll know closer to the time if you remind me. Note TOM144/5 has just swapped to an ex-FCA, as of 10th December. Whether this will still be the case in March, I'll have to check again for you.

Darren
Cheers Darren should get to know if its exFCA as the Wife will book the outbound seat numbers on Friday. I think its an exFCA as she was told Premium row 3 was Bulk Head is this correct?
qatarman,

On the V1 configuration (G-OOAN) on the A/B seats, yes. But not on the V2.

Darren
i am travelling on thomson airways to tenerife with soverign holidays. we have a 25kg baggage allowance each but on soverign site it says that no bags over 23kg. hopefully i am right in the presumption that i will be able to have 3 hold bags up to 50kg combined. any ideas?

cheers
lidras
l1dras,

As you know, any bag over 23kg will be refused travel. This is due to baggage handers lifting restrictions. Just split the weight between you as you say, 3 bags with none exceeding 23kg. More details on Thomsons website.

Darren
Hi,

I'm travelling on TOM 676/677 Birminghm(BHX) - Enfidha(NBE) on february 29th 2012.

We have paid for extra legroom seats and when given a seat plan of the aircraft it appears to be a 737-300, with us allocated row 12 at the over wing exit.

After reading posts on other forums, people have complained of these seats having no extra legroom at all and even on the seat plan they don't appear to have any more room...

Now surely I'm worrying over nothing and Thomson can't possibly charge extra if they have no more room??

can anyone shed any light or sat on the same row?

Any help much appreciated ;)

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.