Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi,

A quick query. Appreciate it may be a bit early but any idea if it will be an ex FCA or thomson aircraft operating TOM 108 from MAN to Barbados for the cruise charters? Flying 01/04/2012

Thanks in advance
gethinllyr22,

Ex-FCA I would have thought but it can change.

Darren
Hi Darren do you know if flight TOM2294 Man-TFS on 27/12/11 is a Thomson or an ex First Choice plane yet and do you know the plane reg?, (only a week to go now!)

cheers
Hi Darren
Any ideah why the long delay on Tom771 from Barbados today?

Roger
james 84,

As i mentioned before, they change weekly so it's impossible to know until the day before. Even then, the 752 fleet can be rotated at short notice.

Darren
Rogerdoger,

Technical issue with G-OOBK I think in BGI.

Darren
Hi Darren,
Seems the plane Man/ Cancun Tom 144/145 will be an exFCA as there are 9 rows of premium seats, arcording to the info given when picking seat numbers.
Hi Guys,

Can anyone settle a 'difference of opinion' Mum and I are having please.

We both fly to long haul for the first time ever to Cancun via Manchester on TOM 196, and want to know what route the plane will take if possible ? Mum says we will go via Canada and America,I say we go over the Atlantic all the way across into Mexico ?

I know its a strange one,but it is christmas guys

:cheers
Amsterdam,

I'm mobile at the moment so I'll post more routing information tomorrow. You are both correct really. The routing various subject to traffic and weather, particularly the jetstream position as you don't want to be flying in to strong headwinds westbound, but want them on your tail eastbound. That's why the inbound flight is shorter than the outbound. The typical route is to head across Ireland then trans oceanic directly across the Atlantic towards Newfoundland. It's then usual to route down the eastern seaboard, but depending on traffic, it can be over eastern Canada and America. From Florida, you'll head over Cuba, across the Gulf of Mexico to the Yucatan Peninsula and Cancun. Inbound flights generally route over land to Nova Scotia, then trans oceanic.

EDIT: 4850 miles, heading ~280 degrees, flight time (outbound) ~10 hours 30 mins
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/MAN-CUN.gif

Hope that settles things.

Darren
Thanks to you,Mum is the nearest.

merry christmas holidaytruths !
A question to those in the know...My outlaws are travelling to Cape Verde on Wednesday 22nd Feb, I think its Tom218 from LGW.
my mother outlaw has mobility issues and they want to take a small battery operated mobility scooter with them...the Q is, will Thomson be accommodating to this request, I believe that they took this scooter to Turkey last year on Pegasus airlines.
Any issues with scooter battery and what happens on return as Rabil is a rather small airport.

your valued comments as usual :tup
joe3400,

You'll need to give the airline a call as it'll likely need to go via cargo / outsized baggage with the relevant charge. It's not something that can be taken as part of luggage allowance. Is the battery a sealed unit? If it's a lead-acid, it'll have to be of the maitenance free / leak proof type as the last thing you'd want is Sulphuric Acid leaking in to the cargo hold. Further details are on Thomsons website. It might be easier or even cheaper to hire one in resort.

Darren
going to book thomson cruise tomorrow flying from birmingham to barbados 5th feb, going to pay extra for premier seats as my mother has mobility problems, which is the best row to select are any of the premier seats bulk head seats, i think i have a choice of rows 2 to 6. thanks.
zeusy14,

There are no best rows as all seats offer the same basic facilities. You may wish to discuss mobility issues with the airline before booking to see what they can offer and any assistance you need. Flights are operated by former Thomsonfly Boeing 767-300/ER (283 seats / long haul). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) where there's a link to the aircrafts seating plan so you can look at the layout. The toilet is on the left of the premium cabin so you might want to consider seats A-E.

Darren
Hi

Hope everyone had a lovely christmas. Do you know what the IFE for January/February is on Thomson long haul? I am taking my daughter to The Dominican Republic for her 18th birthday, flying from Manchester on 31st January, So excited.

Thanks so much.

Sally
x
sal1136,

IFE for Jan / Feb hasn't been released yet. I'll update the link from our What Aircraft? guide (link below) when I get it.

Darren
Anyone trying to book seat numbers and getting the Call back on 3rd Jan message on 08712314793 you can use 02476282828 to book them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.