Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Re: Thomson Spirit
198 Posts
Do they supply shampoo etc on the Spirit. Haven't been on Thomson for a while and cannot remember
. Many thanks
Hi Paulinewales

Yes they do its shower & shampoo also the small packs of soap.

Have a great time

Roger
Hi, We we have booked on the Spirit of Iberia going 1st October, its a few years since i have sailed on Thomsons Cruises and cannot remember if cabins on deck 1 and 2 have fridges, also evening meals in the main restrurant do you still get an allocated table which you use all week, also do they still have two sittings. We are really looking forward to this cruise after a very expensive and awful cruise on the NCL JEWEL.
We are also on this cruise. As far as I know there are no fridges in the cabins. The main dining room has open seating. hope we have a good time.
hi, we will have a good time, have you booked the all inclusive, also are you staying on in palma,we have to make our own way to manchester airport for the coach down to southampton. we are flying back to Blackpool.
Hi there, we were not asked about A/I when we booked. We are driving to Bristol airport and then getting a free coach down to Southampton. Have you done any of the ports of call before? The only one we have already done is Lisbon. The rest are new to us and this was the attraction of the cruise.
Hi there,

I'm going on my second cruise in October - I can't wait. We're doing two weeks around the med (renaissance and jewels). We're staying in a disabled cabin. My query is will my GHDs (hair straighteners) work or do I need a voltage converter? Also, is there a fridge in the cabin? I have medication which needs to be in the fridge. The ship are aware of this. I was just wondering if anyone had stayed in a disabled cabin before and therefore knows or not.

Many Thanks
Jackiechahoua

Hi chahoua
Lucky you, we have not stayed in that type of cabin but have been on that deck (7) many times and i think they are classed as the delux if so they do have a fridge but the voltage is only 110. We have done both the cruises you are going on and they are great.
We are doing Calypso in Oct.
Have a great time

Roger
My GHDs worked on the spirit.

Gill
Hi there

Cant decide between western med tour on destiny or eastern med on spirit in october. Has anyone been on the eastern med cruise. If so could you please give me some info on the shore trips there are four of us and I guess it will be very expensive using thompson trips. Also can tidy jeans be worn dining at night or do you have to wear trousers.

Many thanks

Steve
Steve

It may help if you list the ports you may be visiting.

luci :wave
Oops yes good idea. The ports are as follows.

Slovenia (Koper)
Italy (Venice)
Croatia (Korcula)
Croatia (Dubrovnik)
Montenegro (Kotor)
Corfu (Corfu town)
Greece (Piraeus for Athens)
Santorini (Thira)
Turkey (Marmaris)
Crete (Aghios Nikolaos)
Kefalonia (Argostoli)

Many thanks for any help.

Steve
Hi Steve, I'll say up front I've never been on the Spirit, and haven't been to Koper or Korcula. I have been on the Destiny, and been to all the other ports on the old Thomson's Emerald and Calypso.
You can have a very nice time in all those places without going on any trips, except in Piraeus, where you need to get into Athens.
Thomson's trips are quite reasonable compared to other cruise lines, but obviously with 4 the costs will mount, and you might find it cheaper to get a taxi between you. Are all members of the party adults, or are there children? There tends to be more children on Destiny than other ships, so that might be a factor.
In Kotor you will dock right in town, also in ag Nik. Venice a 15 minute walk, then water bus to ST Mark's. Dubrovnik is a short (ish) taxi or bus ride from the dock, same with Corfu, but that's easily walkable, too. Santorini you tender and only need to get the funicular up to town, Argostoli also a tender into town (not a lot there apart from shopping/ cafes). I don't think it's any more expensive to see the sights on E Med itinerary than W Med, in fact in many places you are a lot closer, and the sailing scenery is nicer.
hope this helps a bit, kate
Is anyone doing Pearls of the Agean on 14th May? Only 4 weeks on Friday to go.....can't wait. :cheers
Hi Beardy

We will be there, if Iceland doesn't blow up again.

Derek :gluck
Got everything crossed Derek.............3 weeks tomorrow :cheers
Just booked a cruise on the Spirit for August this year, just me travelling looking forward to it doing the Adriatic voyage. Bought the drinks package too, thought it was expensive at first but then priced it up and its worth having. Anyway not long to wait.
Just returned from another fab 2 weeks on the Spirit. Thought people might be interested to know that Simon Calder (travel journalist) was on board for a week and will be writing a review to be published in the Independent travel section (thinks its on a Saturday). Don't know when it will appear so keep your eyes open and perhaps post on here to let others know when it appears. I hope he loved the ship as much as we all do - he was with his family and they seemed to be enjoying themselves. He was very friendly and approachable.
Thats good to know gill1scott I am off on the Spirit next week :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.