Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
There are thousands of HT members so surely SOMEONE should know someone who has won.
That is - unless the prizes don't really exist......

But there are millions of people who travel with the big TOs every year. I'm sure that the prizes do exist - it's just that they only need to provide one per year to cover themselves. So the odds are going to be very long. I don't know anyone who knows anyone who has won anything other than the occasional small prize on the lottery but this doesn't mean that I conclude that no one has ever had a big win nor wonder whether the big prizes exist at all. In fact it would be interesting to know whether there is anybody on HT who personally knows someone who has been made a millionaire by the Lottery because with the odds against winning the jackpot being in the region of 14million to one, the odds are going to be pretty long that any of us does.

SM
the ones to wary of are not those that are obviously from the company you've been with but those that stand around airports randomly asking people (Liverpool always seems to have these). All the Spam you can eat in one easy form!
I work for a Tour Operartor and yes somebody does win.The winner is published on our website.
I remember one year a winner being in Intercontinental Aphrodite Hills Hotel in Paphos. I was their rep.
I never fill these forms in,I dont think the tour operators act upon anything that people say on them,they just use them to sell your personal information on. ;)
the ones to wary of are not those that are obviously from the company

That would be fine if the TO's just asked questions related to the holiday, but the questionaire is a bit like the Census form, which we've refused to answer all the questions because they're intrusive and they already know most of the answers.

EG: What newsaper I read is nobody's business, what car I drive? well they'd know by the DVLA and what income? not enough on a state pension. lol
Does answering questions like this make me a better citizen because I might read "The Times" newspaper instead of "The Sun".? or does reading a certain newspaper or driving a certain car influence your choice of holiday.?
People give out personal information too easily, They have enough information about us already without offering it them on a plate.
And just think what they gain with all that information to index, file, stamp, sell on....in exchange you might have a billion to one chance of winning a holiday.

Sanji
It is all about money. Back in the early 80s I knew someone who paid £25.00 per 1000 names and addresses. He could sell them over and over again. The information on these questionnaires are exactly the same thing - a way of making money. But there is also another thing to consider here. Why do you think you pay for meals seating these days? The questions are very well thought out and elicit the answer that THEY want.
Personally my feedback is done after the whole event and addresses what I consider relevant (just like writing a review on HT) and not just something to pass the time on the flight home.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.