Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi Louise,
did you pay the £20 fee and did you get an amended confirmation?
no unfortunately I didn't. They failed to inform me on the phone that I had to wait until they got confirmation from their supplier. She made me feel 100% sure that I would just pay £20 and everything would be fine....
Personally Louise I would try contacting the accomodation direct via Email. Explain you already have a booking and wonder if you can add your son in the room and what the cost would be . i think you will have more luck that way . if's it's not possible hopefully they will offer you another option.

what's the accomodation
Forgot to add . Hopefully they will have details of the booking by now but make sure you give them the arrival date and the booking surname
Hmm, not sure what to advise you in that case. Had you waited until you had something in writing you'd have had more to bargain with. When they contacted you to tell you his name couldn't be added did they give you a reason? e.g. not enough room or beds or did they request more money?

Lynwestie seems to have given you some good advice. good luck!
they told me that he can't be added to room as he is not a child and can't stay in a room on his own as he is not an adult..they asked me for £1576 for him and another friend to share a room...i only booked flights on the understanding that it was a £20 admin fee.....!
definately Email them Louise . You have nothing to looose . I suspect it will be Health and safety reasons but doesnt mean spanish law will be the same .
I agree with Lynn I'd get in touch with the accommodation direct. Either that or try to book the accommodation separately with someone else for the 2 lads. He may not be allowed on his own booking here in UK as he's under 18 therefore cannot enter into a contract. (Hopefully the other lad is 18+)

Surely one of the other lads already in the apartment isn't a child either?? :que
yes but i have already said, they want £1576 for two lads sharing a room, far too expensive. just cannot afford this... this is a real pain in the butt!!!!!
What's the name of the accommodation? You don't have to go through TR or the apartments for the separate accommodation you can go anywhere on the net. Let us know the name and I'm sure we'll all have a look to try and get you the best deal.

Is the other lad 18 or over?
Will the room that the others are occupying accommodate 4 people

Adding someone to a room, even if it will accommodate them, will incur an additional charge. The £20.00 is simply a charge for amending the booking. It could never be considered as the only charge that would be made.

A room accommodating 4 people but with only 3 attracts under occupancy charges. Amending the booking may not reduce them.

It is possible that having taken a booking the hotel will not agree to the changes. Approaching them direct may not be any use. They have taken a booking for 3 people under a contract. If the hotel agreed - for a charge paid direct to them - to let your son occupy the room with the others they would be in breach of contract.

Not trying to be negative but the above points are valid and whilst you are blaming TR it may not be their fault.

fwh
without the hotel name there isn't much advice anyone can give. :que
I can understand that you feel it's not tr fault, but i had a thorough telephone conversation with the operator and she explained to me that the only fee i would have to pay would be the admin fee of £20 and then it was up to the four occupants to sort out the cost of £600 for the room between them. I was happy with this arrangement. However, she did not check out the room occupancy properly before advising me, 3 adults and a child, she basically seen that the room occupied four people and told me it was ok to add him. She did not tell me that I had to wait on the supplier to get back to TR to advise them if it was possible. Surely she should not have given out incorrect information and she should have told me not to be sure about it until the hotel came back to them.....

At the end of the day she gave me the impression that everything was fine and I booked the tickets. I now realise that my son is not going to get going on his holiday and the whole disruption of this is awful.

I have checked with the hotel and it is not possible to accomodate him.
Right, now you've explained the situation I see why you're so upset. Although maybe you (or maybe your son and his friends) should have checked the room occupancy details yourself, given that you were assured over the phone by TR that it was fine, I can see why you're blaming TR.

This does seem to be a mistake by the advisor which unfortunately can't be put right. I'm not sure where you go from here. I think you have two choices as far as the holiday goes. Your son either doesn't go and he'll lose the cost of the flight or he forks out some money to stay somewhere close to the other party. Have you priced up other rooms at other hotels etc?
That's why we've asked what the accommodation is called so that we can assist.
there will be other places nearby or even next door he would be able to stay I would imagine or why don't you book him into the initial apartments or cancel the initial apartment and rebook....just some ideas. yes you will lose money but that way you wont be as out of pocket as just not going.
steve@travelrepublic.co.uk email him he can help
MoneyHustler88 wrote:
steve@travelrepublic.co.uk email him he can help

This complaint is 3 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl
I wonder what the outcome was?
I hate it when people don't come back with an update....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.