UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Troon, Scotland
11 Posts
Joolz,

Not a golfer myself but it apparently has a great links course. It's also well situated for short drives to different towns on the Ayrshire coast. Rabbie Burns country down that way of course if you are into poetry .. You could also take in a football match at either Ayr Untd or Kilmarnock. If you are really brave take in a junior football match at Troon Juniors !! I'm certain there are lots of things to do and even more if the weather is kind.

Wilson :wink:
Troon itself doesn't have much apart from the golf but it's a lovely town and well placed for exploring Ayrshire. Glasgow is only 35 minutes away courtesy of the M77 extension and there's plenty to see in and around Glasgow.
Not a great deal to do in the town itself, but the whole west coast is so nice that you can spend the entire time exploring it :)
Here is a couple of sites for you to have a look at:

http://www.nothingtoseehere.net/2006/05/electric_brae_ayrshire.html

this is around 30 minute drive from Troon heading down the west coast.

here is one for troon

http://www.troononline.net/

I stay not far from Troon and there is not a lot to do but it is easy to find your way around the area and plenty to see on the west coast.
Any questions i'll try and help.
Garry
Thanks folks. I have bagged us a bargain at the Royal Marine Hotel.
Just be warned that it won't be a bargain if you drink in the bar! My cousin had her wedding reception there and they were charging over £4 for a glass of wine.
:lol: :lol: don't worry, we take our own!!!!!
Can anyone recommend good b&b's in Troon, web address or phone number please. A large party are going for 1 or 2 nights
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.