Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I have took the gamble and booked for July next year as the price was very good, now First choice dont have any hotels for this resort on there web site, the shop has said they havent had anything to say its not for sale etc.
Any feedback would help shall i stick in there if hotel isnt ready surely first choice will have to change to a comparable hotel
Hi stix,

Have been to Makadi Bay twice, but unable to answer the question about the distance from there to Sal Hasheesh. However, an English friend of mine works/lives in Hurghada, and have sent a message to ask. Will post back when I hear.

Regards,
Pat
We are going to Sahl Hasheesh on Sept 9th, staying at the Premier Le Reve hotel.
I don't understand what First Choice means by they don't have any hotels at this resort?
That is not true as the Premier le Reve is one of their hotels. :que
I know that 'our' hotel is the only one completed and so it is very quiet in the area, although there is a courtesy bus twice a day. Looking forward to just relaxing around the pools!!
First Choice have hotels in there brochure for Sal Hasheesh but on there website no hotels/saccomidation/holidays are available for any date next year
Well I don't know where you are looking?, I've just checked the website and Premier Le Reve IS available for next year (checked 12/06/12 as an example)
There are no other hotels completed in Sahl Hasheesh at the moment, so that is why there is no other choice!
thats the only hotel thats comes up - only in june though the one ive booked dont come up
Maybe because it's not completed yet?
Have you asked them about it? and what will they do if it's not completed in time?
when I go in Sept I can have a look for your hotel and let you know how far along it is...........
We have been told if it isn't built in time, then first choice have to put us in another hotel in the same area for no extra charge. We have been told that we are in a win win situation - will wait and see what happens over the next few months...

If anyone finds out any further info, please keep us posted & we will do the same...
It will be difficult to put you in a different hotel in the same area if there is only one completed!
I think its surrounding area also - hurghada etc. We have certainly been advised not to worry... this is our travel agent telling us this - who happens to be a friend, so have no reason to doubt him..
I have been led to beleive that First Choice will have to offer a comparable holiday as the one i booked if not ready on time, i had this years ago in 2006 where i had booked the Corfu Aqua Beach Club which didnt end up being built we were offered a holiday at the Holiday Village Turkey at no extra cost - so i think it could be worth holing in there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.