Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I'd give Ros Fernihough a call on 01922 621114 she's a travel law lawyer and will give you free advice.

Good luck.
Ring Ros is the best advice.

I can offer the following info. though.

If a package has been booked and as a result of flight delays outbound you loose, say, the first night's accommodation at the hotel you can rightly claim back one seventh or one fourteenth cost of the ENTIRE package price (assuming a 7 or 14 night booking) from the Tour Operator.

This precedence was set in a court a few years back in a case againt Kuoni.

Your position is slightly different but Thomson have offered to refund you the one night's accomm. cost. If that becomes the only viable option press them for one ninth of the ENTIRE package cost. Quote the Package Tour Regulations to them - Regulation 15 in particular.

That said, Thomson really should have passed the flight change details to you within a set period of time of their receipt of such from Air Jamaica. Ros will tell you how long they had to comply with that aspect. I also believe they should have offered you the available options of day before/day after flights rather than make that decision on your behalf.

Try to find out if availability exists on the later flight - contact Air Jamaica direct or via a different agent to see if seats are available. Likewise, contact the hotel to see if the extra two nights are available - remember, Thomson might have informed the hotel that you will be checking-out one night earlier than previously planned. Armed with that knowledge, ask Thomson to cover the costs of changing the flight and providing the one additional night's accommodation. Explain that you intend to involve Ros Fernihough should they fail to provide what you are reasonably demanding.

But, don't let this upset you too much. Your wedding will still be great even if one day shorter - but better if one day longer.

Let us know the outcome ...... and congratulations in advance.
I'm so sorry for you and can see from the time of your post that it kept you up last night.
Do ring Ros - she will be able to offer you the best advice and Mike (as usual) makes a lot of sense.
I can't offer anything other than the advice you've already been given but please accept my congratulations and let me say, try not to let it upset you too much. You still have your dream wedding day and each other and that is the most important thing. It's only one day out of your entire life together.
I hope you get the solution that you want.
loucielou

Can't offer you any different advice, but all the best in getting it sorted. I do think regardless of the legalities this really is bad on the part of Thomson Weddings. Surely they must be aware that it is one of the biggest events of your life and you had booked the package you wanted and to have it changed without your consent just doesn't seem right.

Let us know how you get on and regardless of the outcome have a wonderful wedding.

Pam :D
hi, sorry its took me so long to reply, my internet has been playing up.
anyway, the news is MUCH better!
i never ended up phoning ros, but it was an option i was keeping open.,
basically what happend the staff at the thomson branch were brilliant ( so much so that i have just ordered chocs to be delived as a little thanks), anyway, they have fought my corner constantly with both thomsons worldwide wedding dept and thomsons tailormade department.
at first they were saying that we either had to come home day early, or they would find us a flight another day but we would have to pay for ticket changes, and then additional accomodation costs for how ever long.
i made my point that had they told us in due time
a) there would have been no ticket changes and
b) we would have had flight day after so would only have had to pay one day exrtra accomodation.
as it was, the flight the next day was now fullky booked and we would need to stay AT LEAST two extra days.
at first it seems i was not getting anywhere, the staff at the shop were calling constantly and someone was always going to be "looking into it".
anyway, today was the fifth day and my holiday is less than 2 and a half weeks away so i had enough.
i called the tailor made and wedding dept myself and explained i had waited five days, i felt thomsons had ruined my honeymoon, and i demanded it was sorted out today.
result is, we are now staying the two extra days, no flight change fee and we only have to pay for one of the nights extra accomodation.
i am crying again, but this time with relief.
i just wanted to thank all of you on here for some great advice and support.
and update you that sometimes it can go right.
thanks loads
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Many thanks for coming back and updating us, it really is appreciated.

I am so glad that you managed to get it sorted out to your satisfaction.

luci :wave
well done for fighting your corner, have a great wedding and an even better honeymoon.
congratulations. :lol:
I'm so pleased for you :D Well done on fighting your corner. Now you have a longer honeymoon. Time to stop worrying and start looking forward. Have a great wedding and honeymoon!
Well done, what a result. Relax now and enjoy getting ready- it will be fantastic.
Congratulations and have a wonderful time.

Pam :D
Well done! Hope you have a wonderful time..... :love best wishes for the future, Linda x
Well done for sticking to your guns and getting a result that suited you.

Have a great wedding/honeymoon and now - relax!

Not long left till the day is finally upon you and you can both enjoy it.

Best wishes for the future.

Regards
Cyprus100
thanks so much for all your nice messages.
i am beside myself with excitement right now.
13 days seems like years!
will be happy to do a report when i return
xxxxx
:wink: Its nice to know "and they all lived happily ever after" sometimes happens in real life.
Really pleased this has been sorted out amicably.
All the best for the wedding and your future together :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.