Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Yes, unless there are any specific rules prohibiting non-residents, you are generally welcome to use facilities at most hotels as long as you are spending some money on snacks, meals, or drinks, etc.

David :wave
Hi Sher, i stay in an apartment which does not have a pool, so when my children get fed up with the beach we have a wander around different Hotels with nice pools, sometimes we spend the day there or just an hour, we always buy a drink and have always been made welcome, we stay in Finestrat so we use the Hotel Gran Bali which has 3 lovely pools, when buying a drink or snack i have never been asked if i am staying there. I'm sure if you find a nice pool and spend money there, then they proberly won't mind you using the pool.
crystal xx
Finistrat is so pretty. Do you know Bob and Sheila by the way?

Looking forward to my next visit inBenidorm, gonna try out these hotels with more confidence. I was always thinking l was going to be frog marched out of the pool and dumped on the pavement in my swimsuit.

*shudders*

:oops:
Someone asked this question but I can't remember which country it came under. When we were self catering in Tenerife '05 they were very strict and you had to carry a pass to prove you were staying in the complex. We saw many people being asked to leave :oops:

So long as there are plenty of sunbeds for the people who are staying in the actual hotel/complex I don't see a great problem but I know I wouldn't be too chuffed if I couldn't get around the pool because of "outsiders"
We went to the Pelicanos in June and you had to show your card what you used for your meal to get in to the pool area, went back to the same hotel in October and there was lots of people from different hotels using the sunbeds and pool, was quiet annoying they were getting the best sunbeds :evil: Am going to Ibiza this year and the hotel i am going to doesnt have many sunbeds so i am going to brave it and try another hotel so if i was you i would go for it :lol:
we normally stay in apartments and user the sol pelicanos, we do buy snacks and drinks from round the pool.

However when we went to beni last july we went to the pelicanos and there was a girl by the entrance to the pools and because we were not residents she wanted 31 euros for four of us to go to the pool it was only my kids swimming. we felt that it was a bit steep. so we went the Hotel Helios and gladly paid the 2 euros each there that they charge for non residents.
Last year we were staying near the Hotel Magic Monika and could see their huge pool from our apartment, my children and i went to reception and asked if we could visit and they said no problem, we went there for 2 weeks most days, the waiter told me that they liked "outsiders" as the Hotel was A/I they hardly got any tips, so people like us that bought a drink or a meal always left a tip, so everyone was happy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.