Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
warning
7 Posts
Hi

I post a similar message nearly every year. These people stand on street corners in both Palma Nova and Magalluf (in fact anywhere where there are plenty of people) - they've even taken to trawling the streets on a scooter.

They offer you a free scratchcard - and surprise, surprise - you've got a winner - maybe even the jackpot. The number of times I've heard these scumbags swear blind they've been here for 3 months, and this is the first time the jackpot has been won is unbelievable, they are professional ars*holes (sorry moderator - feel very strongly about this)

They will take you by Taxi to a remote location where you will be grilled about your Credit Cards, and I've known people stranded there for up to 5 hours. However clever you think you are - these guys are very good at getting you to part with your Card details, all for the promise of a bottle of Baileys, or a sleeve of cheap cigs.

It beggars belief that people still fall for this. It is an off-shore company either selling time share or getting you to join the "Holiday Club" getting cheap or free holidays - but these companies normally go bust at the end of each year, so your money will be lost.

JUST SAY NO AND WALK AWAY.

Sorry for shouting, but this is a straightforward C O N.

Cheers

Adam
What I would do for a laugh is scratch the card they offered me, and when I win, I'd make out I was so happy I'd won, I'd try to get the guy, who gave me it for free, give me say 200 euros, and allow him to have the card so he can claim the top prize! It's only right that he should have the prize seeing how he gave me the card for free anyway!! I'd still be happy with the 200 euros!

Obviously, I know it would not work like that, but hey, I'd love to see the look on the guy's face as he tries to dream up a brama of an excuse as to why he would not want the jackpot winning card back!
MY hubby did that, scratched the card, pretended to be surprised when it was a winner and handed it back to the guy telling him he could claim it. The guy was speechless!

luci :wave
I got stopped by these idiots tryting to sell us a holiday club saying you will get free hols once a year and that all you had to pay to go anywhere in the world was £275.00 and that was for 5 star accomadation for the week no matter howe many in your party ---

hahah but we were not stupid so we werel ike yeah that sounds good

srcathed the card and got a flat screen tv and a bottle of bubbly

they took us in the cab to Santa Ponsa to the office where we had to hat to this sales guy - yep i did it for an hour and a hlf my kids played computer games, i drunk as much fresh Orange juice as i could adn then collected the vouicher for my TV to pick up from Dixons and was on my merry way - oh and thansk to them we were out fo the hot midday sun

so to Carpe Diem thank you for the TV and the cheap bubbly

bubbly gone but TV stil here
Hello all, I to hate these so called people who try to sell time share and have had lots of run in's with them.
I found this on another site some of you may wish to take a look at.

http://www.timeshare.org.uk.

Dave
When they start talking and come around to the subject of credit cards, tell them that you don,t bring it on holidays. The conversation soon ends.
I was stung a few years back ,but visa refunded my money (around £1400 first installment) after I went through a long winded procedure which put a dampner on our holiday.
They even had the check to deliver a "recorded delivery letter" to my home 4 months after the holiday demanding the second £1400 payment, with the threat of court if I did not pay up. I ignored the letter and nothing else happened.

Stay clear of these vultures.

Robert
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.