Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
The Lazy day Cruise did not run this year. The boat is up for sale.
There are rumours that it will run again next year as there are one or two people interested in buying the boat.

However, a cruise can be 'chartered' on one of the other boats that run out of lindos.

Your holiday rep will not be able to arrange this type of thing but one of the local tour ops/ travel agents will be able to.

try Rhodos Direct Holiday, Pallas Travel to name just a couple.
That's great, thanks very much!
Hello
Does anyone know the price of these trips and how long do they last? also can explain the difference between using a wedding planner or just going with a tour company.
Hi,
We have booked with lindos weddings, the main thing i thought about was the dates, i was told by the tour operator that if i booked through them they cannot garuntee the date of the wedding until we arrive in rhodes, which is no good for us as family want to know the dates so they can come out as well.
We have everything booked now for next september, and it seems alot more personal the way we have done it, I think I would have been a bag of nerves if i had relied on the tour op to arrange it all, with Karen she is only at the end of the phone, and so far has been immensly helpful, it has cost slightly more, but in my opinion its well worth it just for the peace of mind. :lol:
Thank you for your reply.
We are intereted in using a wedding planner now,your comment on getting things confirmed early on is just the sort of thing we're worried about.I really don't like the thought of not knowing about the date and time until it's so late.I've looked at the website for the lady you mention and there are no prices there.Are they VERY expensive to use, it's only that we are on a bit of a tight budget.
Thank you.
I think it was 550 pounds, but i could be wrong, it may be slightly more or slightly less, but it was definitely five hundred and something lol.
If you email them an inquiry they will let you know the prices, she is a very helpful lady, and if you drop her a line you can always make your decision after you've spoken to her.
When i look at first choice last year i think they were charging 300 pounds for the ceremony.
Hi Cathryn,

I've just emailed Karen and am now awaiting a reply. At first I sent an email to the wrong company which also had the words 'Lindos Weddings' written on their site, but hopefully now I've got the right one.

Thank you for your help so far, and thanks also for your PM. If I get stuck or need any more advice I'll let you know.

Regards,

Jenny
Ok, let us know how you get on!
When are you planning to do it by the way?
Hi Cathryn,

I got my reply from Karen last night and have arranged to meet with her next week. We're not too sur at the moment regarding dates, we have a few small family issues ( I'm expecting our first child!!) to sort through and then we will make definate plans. Probably for late this year, October, or early in 2007. Let me know how your plans progress, I'd be really interested in hearing to hear from another Bride. And good luck with your own arrangements.

Regards,

Jenny.
I am getting married in Rhodes on August the 25th 2006.

I need some steer on nice venues i.e nice, accomodating, cheap if poss restaurants or hotels. Website addresses with pictures would be fantastic!

I also need some info on caterers in Rhodes if anyone has any details as my seconds option is to hold the reception at my parents villa and dress it up myself........

Thanks in advance....
Hi, i am getting married in st pauls bay Lindos, with thomas cook.
We are staying in Lindos Bay hotel.
I would love to hear from anyone who has married here, or stayed in the hotel. Anyone who has had their reception with thomas cook if they could let me know that would be great.
Thanks.

moved to correct forum

wizard
Hi,

Unfortunately I can't say much about the hotel or Thomas Cook, but did get married last May at this very place.

Booked up with Argo for the wedding and with Olympic for the hotel which was the Atrium Palace which was fantastic.

The wedding was wonderful, the weather was smashing and the pictures taken where to die for. I would say though that it is in very high demand and is likened to a 'conveyor belt' as some may say. However, don't let that worry you. Personally I'm not a big goer of 10 hour ceremonies and the like, and loved how it was all over in around 10 mins. You will usually have around 20-30 mins for the whole ceremony and pictures to be taken as no doubt someone will be waiting. We had our wedding at the end of the day (after 5pm) which was also running a bit late due to previous wedding ceremony hold-ups, but we didn't mind. Obviously if your lucky enough to get the last ceremony of the day you'll have more time, but tbh I felt it was fine what we had.

We booked a local glass bottom boat (booked at the Lindos Reception), however it broke down, well not broke down, the anchor wasn't raised right up and the propellor caught up with the rope. It took nearly an hour to get on our way and what a laugh it was. Our reception was held at the Asterias at the Atrium Palace which is quite simply stunning (I have some great pics). Reception can be done in the Lindos area though if you wish depending where your staying.

Any more questions, ask away. There are many helpful people on here, who helped me heaps when I was asking away last year. :D

FD
Hi
Tulipo

http://www.summer-memories.com

Have a look at this web we have stayed here with family and friends, Vasilis is the owner and is very friendly and helpful.
We are getting married in Lindos on 4 sept and our wedding planner Karen will advise us where to eat etc, we are meeting her on 7th Feb in Chester will note names of places if you would like and I could pass onto you?
Paul
Hi Tulipo

I am also getting married in Rhodes (Lindos) on 25th August 2006. We are getting married at St Paul's Bay Chapel. There are a good few sites on the internet that give lots of advice on where to stay and resturants etc. We are using a company called Lindos Weddings to plan the day and are staying at the Lindos Mare Hotel.

Good luck with all your planning!

Suzie
Hi ozpants,
we are getting married the day after you, on the 5th, we have our meeting with karen this monday, the 30th, although i have found some great info from this forum and just surfing the net.
I will let you, suzi and tulipo know what karen says after i have seen her next week if you want.
Cathy. x
Hi all

We met with Karen last week, it was a great meeting, Karen has loads of ideas and suggestions and is really easy to talk to. We have planned what looks to be a wonderful day (hopefully!!)

It all feels very real now!

Good luck with your meetings with Karen, feel free to ask any questions!

Suzie
thanks suzi, what are your plans for the day, if you don't mind me asking? Have you a restaurant booked for afterwards?
Hello

No, I don't mind you asking! We have booked Arhontiko in Lindos for our reception and are having a live Greek band. We are also having the champagne cruise straight after the ceremony for all guests, it's so exciting!!

Have you had any ideas?

Suzie
Not really, we've decided against the champagne cruise as i am terrible on the water and would probably just end up being ill :oops: lol.
All we know at the moment is the date and time of the wedding, other than that we are waiting til karen comes to decide on anything else.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.