Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
People connected with the travel business are allowed to post on this site if their posts are helpful, but not to blatantly advertise their business.

We take a very dim view of this and members abusing the site are liable to be banned.

luci :wave
Hi Jenny,

I posted the original message as i read on another forum that a wedding planner in rhodes includes the paperwork with the fees, and it costs 600 pounds, which is why i queried it here as I found it very confusing since I had been quoted much less than that amount.
I've just met Karen from Lindos Weddings, she is lovely! For 4 docs (2 birth certs, 2 certs of no impediments), translation costs are roughly 70 euros each so about £200 in total, plus the cost here of getting them legalised at FCO (£76 at current prices). Hope that adds to qall the confusion!
It's £19 per document to have it legalised in England and approx £50 (depending on rate of Euro) to translate each document in Greece,
so it just depends on how many docs you have, most couples will have 4, 2 birth certs and 2 certs of non impediment.
Approx total cost £276.

All
As I stated on the 11th.
Paul
Thanks for all the replies Guy's,
They tie in exactly with what I've now had explained to me...Phew!!
I panicked like crazy after reading that other ladies post but I'm now all calm and relaxed about it all :D
Thanks again,
Jenny.
Hiya everyone

I just wanted to say that I got married at St Pauls Bay in Oct 05 and I had a fantastic day, everything went really well. We used a tour operator to organise our wedding and everything went without a hitch.

I just wish I could go back and have the day all over again :love

Everything was great, the weather, flowers, food etc.
Good luck to all of you who are getting married in Rhodes I'm sure you will have a fantastic time. :wave
Hi, im planning on getting married in Rhodes next September. I've been looking at Lindos Mare hotel...has anyone any experience on this?
Also, can anyone recommend accomodation for family and friends in or around Lindos?
Hi, my parents stayed at this hotel last year and by all accounts had a wondeful time as they've booked again for this summer. Hopefully some one who's stayed there will post and give you some feedback.

karenxxx

p.s there's loads of good reviews for the hotel in trip advisor.
Hi joolywooly

I got married in Oct 05 and stayed at the Lindos Mare, All I can say is fantastic. The hotel is really nice and all of the staff are so friendly.

We held our reception on the veranda overlooking the pool the view was amazing. The food was really good and very reasonable in price there were 10 people in our wedding party.
They decorated the table with pink balloons, ribbons, rose petals, candles it looked gorgeous. They also decorated our room on our wedding night and left champagne/flowers/fruit and sweets. I so wish I was back there now.
The restaurant manager organised our reception we were offered a choice of menus all of which looked good and quite cheap compared to english prices.
Our family and friends stayed at the Lindos Mare and also the Lindos Gardens, we went and had a look around this hotel and it looked very nice.

All I can say really is everything about the Lindos Mare was brilliant and I am pleased we stayed there. If you would like to know anything else let me know :lol:
Clare
Hello, :D

Iam new to the site, after many holidays in Lindos we have now planned to get married next summer (got to save the pennies first!) I find the prices of the legal documents interesting as we are doing all the paperwork ourself. After a long and tiring search, the paperwork is going to cost me around £500 for both of us. That included all the translation, ceremony fee and licence. Its very misleading when you start, you don't think that it is going to cost much but it soon adds up. I don't know about the other companies that you are referring to as we are good friend with Jenny from Beer and Beer and she is helping us do some of the legal paperwork.

When are you getting married and how much has it cost you to do the paperwork??
Another new comer here. :D

Iv been going on holidays to Rhodes for the past 10 years and over that period I have fallen madly in love with the place(which Im sure for most of you is totally understandable :wink: )

I took my partner over for the first time four years ago and last year when we were over he got down on one knee and popped the question.

We have since booked our wedding through Exquisite Lindos which has catered for our every need so far. The weddings booked for June the 12th so I'll be sure to keep you all posted.

Thanks for all the information you have all been putting up, it has helped immensely.

Louise x
Hi Clare, im planning on staying at Lindos Mare and getting married at St Pauls Bay next Sept. I dont know if you've managed to find a wedding planner yet, but ive found a company called Lindos Weddings and Karen at Lindos Weddings has been very helpful so far.
There's loads of excellent comments about her on tripadvisor.com...she even visits you in the UK before the wedding to put your mind at rest!
We've decided to book a champagne cruise for after the ceremony then possibly go back to Lindos Mare for a reception.
Apparently, Karen organises the wedding date and time of YOUR choice which is far better than the tour operators who give you a time during the day only between mon-fri and try to cram as many weddings into one day as poss!!
Hope your wedding is fantastic! :D
Hi Louise, I am also getting married this year and we are using Exquisite Lindos. Charlotte the wedding co-odinator has been brilliant. After we are married, we have arranged a boat cruise to take us to Haraki for our wedding dinner. This part Iam so looking forward too. Are you also having the cruise??
Sue x
Hi Sue :yipee

We have booked the boat cruise after our wedding too!!

We have 55 people coming over for our wedding so far and thought it would be so nice to do this for my family and friends.

Charlotte has also arrange a DJ at our reception venue which in on the main beach. Iam getting really excited :hyper now also a little nervous and just hope it all goes well :D

Louise x
Hi,
I am getting married in lindos in september and having a reception for 25 at the Lindian House afterwards, has anyone any feedback on this venue .
Thanks Paul
Hi :D
Stopped there for a drink and breakfast a couple of times but can't say what it's like as a wedding venue.
They have an ad on the lindianway so you can check out some pics there http://www.thelindianway.com/lindian_house_bar.html
Ozpants, we are september and going to the lindian house as well! :lol:
Cathrynjamie
We are the 4th Sept at 6.30pm, the Greek BBQ for a wedding breakfast is so different and also stopped me worrying what menu to sort for our guests, what day and time are you getting married, are you through Lindos weddings?
paul
Hi :D

I know the Lindian House and also been to a wedding there, which was fab! We did think of having our reception there but the only thing I didn't like was that it was very public after the dinner. We wanted somewhere that was more private as we have so many wedding guests coming out.

Charlotte had a few good ideas, but the one that worked for us was a restaurant down on the main beach as it was very handy after the boat cruise and also very private.

We have also hired through Exquisite their linen for the chairs which will completely change the look of the restaurant and make the setting just perfect.

(I hope!) :shrug Louise x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.