Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
hi there june bride, got a few things in common with you in that im a new member and also that im getting married in june at st pauls bay. we've just spent about 3 months researching different wedding planners and holidays and have finally decided on using lindos weddings and travelling with kosmar. if i remember rightly we were quoted about £600 for the wedding then its about £200-£300 for paperwork and stuff, and then any extras you want when your out there. sounds expensive, but compared to the uk its a bargin! :lol: !
xx
Sorry.... but if you are marrying in Greece why have Italian food ????

Agostinos Lindos Top Car park is nice & has a rooftop terrace. The top car park is very close so it would be no trouble with a wheelchair but there would be no way you wpuld get a wheelchair down to St Pauls chapel.
Hi Junebride
My partner and I have booked Karens (lindos weddings) services for the 4th sept at St pauls, you tell them what you would like and they sort for you, karen came highly recommended on this thread, While out in rhodes last year we booked her services, she met up with us over the winter to go through what we finally wanted and sorted out prices etc and she keeps in touch by email.
As Orionsangel78 states its around £600 for the wedding planner but i would say that is money well spent.
It's £19 per document to have it legalised in England and approx £50 (depending on rate of Euro) to translate each document in Greece,
so it just depends on how many docs you have, most couples will have 4, 2 birth certs and 2 certs of non impediment.
Approx total cost £276.

Your wedding will cost as little or as much as you want it to, we started off with 4 people going now we are up to 24 but hey it's a dam site cheaper and the weather is better than here.
Paul
We're also using Karen from Lindos Weddings, she's been brilliant so far!!
We probably paid about £600 for legal stuff / translating & paperwork in Rhodes and that was 5 years ago this week!!!! So it's certainly good value and has not gone up too much with inflation.
Meal was about another £600 +
I'm not planning on getting married 'til June 07 and as this is second time round for us both we only want a small 'do'. Is it ok to just have a couple of guests? will restaurants accomodate us or ar they only interested in the larger parties? I've read messages where theres parties of 50+ I don't know that many people to invite! :)
Restaurants will be fine no matter how many guests you have but be sure to book in advance and tell them it's a wedding "do" . We had 17 of us at our wedding but I have seen parties of 4 or 6 and they are treated with the same enthusiasm and attention. The Greeks love a wedding !!
Hi everyone, i am new to this so i hope i did it right. My partner and I have decided to get married at the town hall in rhodes town, has anyone done this and does anyone have suggestions for a meal afterwards (about 12 people). We will be staying at Blue Bay Hotel - any comments gratefully received :D. from what i have read so far most people choose Lindos?!?
Hi Bubbles. Friends of mine are considering marrying in Rhodes at the end of the season this year. They also want to marry in Rhodes town.As it will be a very small wedding we will probably go to a favourite taverna of mine on the edge of the Old Town called Langanis.Fresh sea food and a real family restaurant.It's very informal so if you are looking for a "proper" reception it may not suit.I'm struggling to think of a place more "up market" for you but if I think of some where I'll post again. Good luck, Anne
Hi

Have been recommended the Acropolis Roof Garden taverna, in Lindos for a possible Reception venue. Any comments ?

Bev
Hi everyone, we're just back from our wedding in Lindos. We used Karen and Laurence at Lindos weddings and couldn't praise them highly enough, everything went very smoothly and was just as we wished, they are fantistically proffessional, but very relaxed and friendly - I certainly reccomend it as a stress and hassle free way to get married!

We had our reception at the Arhontiko resteraunt in Lindos - the food was superb and the chef made a special effort to make something 'off menu' for me as I'm vegetarian (although there were plenty of vegetarian choices on the menu anyway).

Our photographer Cristos did a beutiful job, all my friends have been stunned by the photographs, I'm very proud of them and they were very reasonably priced compared to wedding photography at home.

St Pauls Bay is a lovely place to get married. Yes, it's getting very busy now and we did see the wedding party before and after ours (but not the bride) but so what? we all wished each other good luck and congratulations, it was a very happy, party atmosphere.

We had a great wedding in Lindos, a fantastic holiday in Pefkos, I'm sorry it's all over now as I'll never have such a great holiday again, I'm sure!
Just got back from Lindos a beautiful place had fabulous hol :D. But have decided not to marry in St Pauls we would prefer the grounds of a hotel - more private this way. Has anyone got any feedback on Lindos Mare or Lindos Memories. To be honest were not really hotel people but think it would be easier to stay and marry in one place as we will have my partners daughter and son with us. I know Junebride has already asked about Lindos Mare. Also does anyone know if Karen at Lindos Weddings arranges them in hotels or is it just at St Pauls :?: and if she does can she confirm the date beforehand as with St Pauls :?:
i *think* when we met Karen she said that we could marry at different locations that she could arrange, but we didn't look at them as we wanted to get married at St Pauls. We fly out in less than 3 weeks now!
Hi can anyone advise me what the weather will be like for the first 2 weeks in October in Lindos? Is it nice enough for a wedding? And what time do you recommend to get married and still have nice sunshine pictures?
Ive heard Lindos closes down during October..is this true? I have about 20 people coming over for my wedding and we would like nice weather, but due to my fiances work, we have to look at October! Crying or Very sad
I have replied to your other post but realised I hadn't answered both your questions. Yes, the island starts to close down in October . I always stay near Rhodes town so am not sure about Lindos but I should think the 1st. 2 weeks should see most places still open. Marcuschap is the resident Lindos expert!!
I have been in Lindos the second and third week of October and the weather was fab! It was getting a bit quieter, but it was still very lively.
Once the daytrippers were gone the beach was nice and quiet!

All the restaurants were still open. Some could not offer the full menu.. but hey.. still enough to choose from.

We are now going the last two weeks of October and are getting married on the 26th. We had to choose this week because of fiancee (and some guests) working at a school.

I share your worry about sunny pictures! But for the first two weeks you have nothing to worry about. It will still be warm and sunny. I am a bit 'cause our day is on the 26th. But I probably should not be worried :?

On the 26th the sunset time is 18:17h.

Are you getting married at St Pauls Bay?
Hi Hewy, I was thinking of marrying at St Pauls, but have been put off by the "conveyor belt" stories. I really dont fancy hanging around waiting on another wedding to finish and rushing my pictures for another to start!
Im flying over to Lindos on 2 August to meet Karen from Lindos Weddings. She's going to show us some more venues to get married.
I may just opt to marry in the hotel grounds (Lindos Mare) and try and get a gazeebo. I figure I'll make my mind up when im over there...cant wait!
i can see what you mean, and that would probably be the case for some months, but it wont apply as much for October
Hiya

Was just wondering.. We had to re-think our plans a bit after we heard that the Greek Authorities decided that no boats are allowed to stop in the St Pauls Bay until after 18:00.

We really want a boat trip after the ceremony to bring us to the venue were we have our reception.

I was wondering if anyone else on this forum had to re-plan their day slightly due to this new law.

Thanks!

H.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.