Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hi Ian

Sounds like a great idea to me... i cant really give any lanzarote advice as we are going to PB for the first time in 5 weeks staying at the Papagayo Arena.....i think that a hotel rather than a villa is a good idea ... not only from the social side of things but also you will have the security of the staff / reps etc should you find that you need anything ie chemists / doctors for any of you (i always take this into acc when travelling with our daugther .. and more so if your wife will be quite far gone)... also although we are staying all in one room this time, we nearly always go for a hotel / apartments that allows us to have space away from the little one... its a must!! the only reason we arent this time is cause my parents chose the hotel ... and agreed to pay for our daughter because we were losing the extra room!!

Have a fabulous relax...... :)

msc
Hi Ian, and welcome to HT.... :wave .
I'm a huge fan of Playa Blanca, and I think you have picked the right resort, family friendly, not over busy, and not too far from the airport.
Never stayed at the Bahia Blanca, have you read the reviews? I agree a seperate room when you have a toddler is an excellent idea. There's loads of restraunts, bars serving food to choose from, and a lovely walk along the sea front. From Playa Blanca you can also get the ferry to Fuerteventura if you fancy returning for a day. I'm sure you will have a fantastic time if you decide on Playa Blanca........enjoy! Linda.
Hi Ian :wave

In case you haven't seen them we have reviews (none recent so if anyone has stayed please add your review!) HERE and resort reports HERE.

Pippy :D
Great. Thanks for the replies.

I've read every review I can lay my hands on. The only thing I've read that concerns me (given that every hotel attracts the occaisional ranter) is that the rooms are a bit tired - but as long as they are clean, I'm sure that will be fine.

I'll have a look through the site for car hire recommendations (or ones to avoid), but if anyone has any thoughts.....
For car hire it's hard to beat autoreisen, they have a desk in the airport. Before you rule out villas have you considered a villa on a complex. We stayed at Las Brisas in July and it was excellent. It has a bar and restaurant and most of the things you want from a hotel but with all the advantages of having a villa. There are other similar complexes too.
Hi, We came back last week having spent a week in Bahia Blanca Rock in PB with our 8 year old son.

The rooms in the hotel are quite tired looking, and quite small but I couldn't fault the cleanliness. Maids in everyday except a Friday and towels and linen changed 3 times a week. It was ideal for what we were looking for. The apartments have a TV and kettle and very basic cutlery and dishes but toaster, fan, even a Playstation can all be hired at reception. The animation team at the hotel work tirelessly all day every day and are extremely friendly, and their shows at night kept my 8 year amused while we managed a few drinks.

Can't comment on the food at the hotel as we were self catering but we did have lunch at the poolside bar one day and it was fine. There are so many restaurants within a 10 min walk that I personally wouldn't like to be tied down to the same place everynight.

The pools are the hotel were very cold but once you were in it wasn't too bad. The Playa Blanca beach was brilliant, the sea seemed a lot warmer than the pool and my son had a great time paddling with the fish!

Don't think we would go back to the same hotel but would definitely go back to PB.
With regards to car hire, we've just had a fantastic week in Puerto Del Carmen & we hired a car through Economycarhire dotcom which we booked online about 2 weeks before.
The car was actually supplied by Cicar who have a desk in the arrivals hall
(some of the companies operate from outside on the car park), although we booked a group A car, we got a group D - a new Astra 5 door with aircon - total cost for the week was £112 which included all insurances.
I would definitely recommend Economy/Cicar.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.