Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi all,was wondering if anyone knew if i could pay for hold luggage for our 10month old grandson,we booked for turkey and got 15kg each for 4 of us,but was going to add another 5kg each to allow for babies stuff but then when i thought even more about it i gota thinking it prob would be cheaper to pay for 15kg just for him,we are flying thomas cook.we booked the package with eticket travel,should i ring them or t.cook to sort it out.looking forward to any info please.
laingy
We flew with Thomas cook last June with our 9 month old DD. If you ring them and ask for a infant allowance they will give you 10kgs for free - it has to be in it's own bag though. Really helped us last year.
hi,even though we never booked direct with them it was thrugh eticket travel,dont want to appear to step on toes,if you no what i mean.that would be great if i can do that,cheers karen
Can Disposable BBQs be carried in checked luggage? My dad is on about taking a few of these as we have rather large balconies and we think it would save money to cook and feed ourselves on holiday. I'm not entirely sure they will be allowed.
AgentQ,

Who Are You Flying With? It Is Probably Best To Check With Your Airline, It Is Not One I Have Come Accross Before :think (Maybee Darren Will Know :que )

Gower
AgentQ,

I would have said not as it's a fire hazard given they are generally of an easy start variety. The last thing you want is one of them going up in flames at 35,000ft. Can you not get them in resort?

Darren
AgentQ

I double checked with Thomas Cook Airlines, Monarch and Easyjet for prohibited items on their websites.
Whilst they dont mention BBQ directly they do talk about Flammable liquids and solids being banned in hold and hand luggage.
Id guess all other airlines will be the same.

See

http://www.thomascookairlines.co.uk/restricted_articles.asp
http://flights.monarch.co.uk/cnt/travelinfo/baggage.asp#prohibited%20items
http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Book/regulations.html#baggage
I`ve just finished packing and now am having ..the last minute worries. We are flying with TC and have 20kg each there are 3 of us. i have packed 2 cases and they are both about 26kg each. I think I`ve read the ~TC website correctly in that we can combine our allowance as long as no cases exceed 30kg. Please can anyone confirm this for me.

Many thanks. xx
katiesmum,

That's correct. If each person has 20kg luggage allowance, you have a combined total of 60kg. If you are taking 2x cases for your party, who must be on the same booking, your combined weight of 52kg is well within your limit and the maximum 30kg per suitcase. Refer to Thomas Cooks website for confirmation.

Darren
Many thanks Dazbo, thats what I knew..just had a little panic that I had misread it. Cases packed one at 26kg and one at 25kg. Wish we could travel light!!
hi al,weve just returned from izmir,return flight with thomas cook,they are on the ball with all luggage!!!! there were 4 of us 15kg each,and we had are little portable scales to check weight coming back.but between us all we were 2kg over and they wanted to charge us like they were doing with everyone in izmir.we just took couple bits out and distributed between hand luggage and we were fine.it was mad there,people were leaving stuff so they didnt have to pay.BEWARE at manchester there scales were showing 2kg before we put any luggage on them so be extra careful,dont think by being 1 kg over they will let you off cos they wont!!!!!
laingy
laingy,

As you've seen, we've posted many times about Thomas Cook and other airlines clamping down on luggage limits and charging for every kg you are over. We've got away with it for many years but over the last 2 or 3 years, things have been very tight for airlines so they're being very strict. If passengers turn up at airports knowingly over their limits, there's no argument these days; pay up, reduce your weight or don't travel.

Darren
daz,i totally agree,but people are still taking chances,and i just wanted to emphazise even more.half a kilo each to charge us is being tight though.
cheers laingy
Guys,I have a question which has probably been asked a thousand times but doing a search hasn't given me an answer.I have booked short haul flights only from Thomas Cook website(not Flythomascook).Before hitting the "BOOK NOW" button I checked the FAQ's regarding baggage allowance and it states that all flight only bookings from 4th March have 20kgs allowance,any bookings prior to this date will remain at 15kg. I am assuming(and hoping) that this means hold luggage allowance as I never got the option to buy an extra 5kgs during the booking procedure.Could someone please confirm.Thanks in advance,Dave.
Lets just say the hotel I'm staying in in New York isn't the Ritz. I've read various reviews about people saying although ultimately they didn't need it, they bought Fabreeze with them to spray around the room should it not meet their expectations.

Crazy right?

Well would my be luggage be screened and opened if I took some with me? The last time I want is to not have my luggage follow me to NYC.

I could always buy some when I get there but it's just easier if I take it with me.

NOTE: I mean my suitcase luggage and not hand luggage.

Cheers :)
No problem with carrying liquids in your suitcase. Make sure that there aren't any substances in the product that are banned by the USA. I wouldn't think so though if the same product is on sale over there.
And to state the 'bleedin' obvious' make sure it can't leak!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.