Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hey all!
Sorry if this has been asked before, just wondering if i could put my phone chargers in the laptop case with laptop charger or will this have to go in the suitcases?
Been travelling all my life, think I should know this by now :duh !!
Thanks for any help
CourtneeLouise xxx
Hi CourtneeLouise ... you can put them in hand or hold luggage. The contents of your laptop bag may have to be removed at security for separate screening, more details on page 1 of our Hand Luggage Q&As topic.

David :wave
I'm going to Turkey on Sunday and was wondering is it allowed to take a packet of small Ribena cartons in the hold luggage plz?
Yes, the liquid restrictions apply to hand luggage only.

David :wave
Can you take a bottle of champagne in your hold lugggage? A friend is going to Bruges for a birthday and wants to take a bottle in her case. I told her to wait till she gets there and buy it, since it will be so heavy!

I remember a discussion on here about taking irn bru in your case, but can't find anything about champagne - is pressure a problem??
If she is travelling by air, she might be advised to buy it in the 'duty-free' shop airside and carry it hand baggage, but if she's going with Ryanair, make sure her handbaggage is within the limits Ryanair insist on and is big enough to take the bottle plus her documents, makeup, sandwiches, book, umbrella etc!
Thanks Alsacienne. Yes, she is flying to Brussels Charlois (?) and definitely with a low cost airline with 15kgs hold luggage...her hand luggage is always packed with stuff - I can't imagine she would be able to fit the champagne in along with everything else!
Hi We are trvelling to Cuba with thomson and was only planning to take one big case, what is the max weight we are allowed to put in the case. We are in premier seating
Thanks
Jack
Max weight is 23kg each person that is also the max case weight you are allowed. 7kg hand luggage.
So not a good idea one case easier with two smaller cases.
Hi there, :wave: don`t know where to put this question but as it`s about luggage here goes.
I`m going to Marmaris,for the first time on 2nd July,with my hubby and 17yr old son (cant wait)
I`ve paid extra so we can all have 20kg of luggage each.My querrie is can we take 2 cases with 30 kg in each case,or do we have to have 3 cases with 20 kg in each.
Sorry if this seems a daft question,but havent been abroad for 4 years and things keep changing with luggage etc. Love reading your forum and am so looking forward to going to Marmaris
Hope some one can help me with this little problem,thanks in advance Angela :)
angash,

As I posted in response to your post on the thread on the Turkey forum, whether you can pool luggage or not depends on who you are travelling with. Assuming Thomson or Thomas Cook, you can pool luggage. However the maximim acceptable item with Thomson is 23kg, 30kg with Thomas Cook. Anything in excess of these weights won't be accepted for travel. This is for health and safety reason (baggage handlers).

Darren
Hi, im travelling to tenerife in July and wanted to take my nintendo wii in my hand luggage. will that be ok?

thanks, :)
nick
nickappel,

That's fine. Electronic items aren't restricted, but you may be asked to remove it from your hand luggage for security checks. Items that are restricted are on page 1 of the HAND LUGGAGE REGULATIONS & INCREASED SECURITY .. Q&As topic.

Darren
hi, can anyone help.

we are flying to turkey with jet2 next friday and have 22kg luggage allowance per person.
we are a family of four and are taking four cases, but was wondering if we can put 23 kg in one and 21kg in another or does it have to be 22kg per case, can't find anything on the jet2 site and to call costs 50p per min, so thought i would try here first

We are flying on tuesday with thomas cook we have a total 60 kgs what is the total amount you can have in one case? :tup
poley,

Thomas Cook won't accept any luggage over 30kg in weight due to their baggage handlers health and safety policy.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.