Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Transferred to flights section of the forums.

Mark :)
shirleyV,

As mentioned above, there's no problem in taking empty balloons in your suitcase. However you won't be pertimmitted to take inflated ones onboard as the pressure difference after take off will cause them to burst. Your main problem is how you'll find the helium in resort to fill them.

Darren
Chivas69 wrote:
Take loads of them then your luggage will be lighter!

I quite like that idea!!

Darren
I bought my tickets to go to the US flying with KLM/Delta going Air France coming back.
On my ticket it says I can have 2 pieces of baggage.
Now the KLM site is showing changes saying tickets bought per november are 1 piece. here

Which actually applies? I am assuming my ticket?
Hi everyone,

I've had a good nosey through the posts on this thread but I'm still a little confused (not an unusual occurance :) )
Is it right that if you book a package holiday with Thomas Cook (Hotel & flights together) you get the 15kgs hold baggage allowance but if you book a flight only you get 20kgs?

Also,do aerosol inhalers for asthma need to be put in a clear bag if you're taking them on board with you and do you need a medical note to take them?

Thanks in advance and have a good day

Leanne xx
Hi Leanne,
technically the inhalers should go inside the liquids bag, but i am told that if they are in with your normal hand luggage then they are usually let through , as apparently they would be stopping bags for this non-stop!! it's not exactly up there posing a major security risk, also you don't need a medical note for them.

on the subject of luggage allowances i've noticed the same on thomson, i think that the package allowance is less (15kg) to make the price lower, i think they give you options of purchasing extra allowance on both formats.
Thanks Andy,

I have only booked my flight with Thomas Cook through OTB so hopefully I'll get the 20kg allowance,it doesn't say on my paperwork but when I was checking prices for other flights it did say the TC allowance was 20kgs so fingers crossed :D

And thanks for the info on the inhalers,I can put the preventers into hold luggage but even though my son's asthma is under control i'd rather be on the safe side and take his reliever on board so it's good to know there should be minimal fuss in taking it.

Thanks again :tup
Leanne xx
I find it strange that we only had 15kgs allowance with TC last summer, yet we've got 20kgs this summer with their cheaper sister company Direct holidays :que Mind, I'm not complaining ;)
That has always been the case Shirley. 15kgs with TC and 20kgs with Direct Holidays.

luci :wave
denny.53 wrote:
30kgs with Thomas Cook Premium!!!

WOW think of all those extra shoes and handbags
I'm going from glasgow to faro (kiss flights/viking airlines) at the end of June. I've got 15kg hold allowance but i'm beginning to wonder if it will be enough.

I'm going on a riding holiday so will have boots with me but the rest will most likely just be t-shirts and jodhpurs (fairly lightweight) plus shorts, couple of normal shoes, shampoo, shower-gel etc. I've never travelled by myself before so i want to make sure i get everything right!!!

What does everyone think - will 15kg be enough? I booked through a website called flightline. Does anyone know if i'd be able to phone up and add on the extra 5kg allowance now that i've already booked the ticket.

oh and another question! I will be taking a riding hat with me but it cannot be flung about or it will damaged. I'm assuming i should carry this in my hand luggage (i am worried it will fit though so will need to measure it). If it doesn't fit any ideas on how i can try to make sure it doesn't get damaged in my hold luggage?
I see that Ryanair will be increasing their charges per bag from £15 to £20 during the summer months and then reducing it to £15 again. Apparently this is not to make more money but purely to persuade customers to travel light ...

Ryanair HERE
hi all, i hear on the old grapevine (which less face it can be a little tangled up every now and again...) that thomson airways now only permit 23kg per passenger in premium as opposed to the old limit of 30kg? i have to say, it was an utter luxury with 30 but even i as a clothes obsessive with a flip flop fetish have only ever managed a record of 26.5kg so i'm sure i'll cope if it's been reduce-anybody know? thanks...
Hi emmacat

Yes Thomsons is 23kg checked luggage in Premium but you are allowed another 7kg carry on luggage taking it to 30kg. :tup

Joyce
Our tickets for our forthcoming holiday booked through direct holidays and flying with Thomas cook are at my boyfriends parents house as we are moving and thought it safe to have them sent there when we booked. I haven't seen the tickets yet. I was looking through our confirmation and it states meals included in the price of the flight (we couldn't take these off for some reason when we booked) and also when we booked there was no option to add the extra 5kg luggage allowance. I have assumed that i have 15kg hold. Today when i read the confirmation is states luggage allowance 20kg. Do I assume they mean 15kg hold and 5kg baggage or does luggage allowance just refer to hold? Will the tickets clarify this?
greenshoes,

Luggage allowance with Direct Holidays is normally 20kg hold. Thomas Cook is 15kg (with an option to increase it to 20kg). Both have 5kg hand luggage in addition. Your allowance should be printed on you tickets, for example the line will show Luggage Allowance: 20kg then 5kg hand luggage in smaller print. Meals are included at no charge when booking with Direct Holidays, again they are optional extras with Thomas Cook. It's one of the perks of booking with Direct Holidays over Thomas Cook, even though you are on the same aircraft.

Darren
I see! That would be why we had no option to include a meal or increase luggage allowance as it was all included anyway. Thank you. I will double check on the tickets for what you said when I finally see them.
Hi greenshoes, just confirming what Darren said. We're flying with Direct holidays and we have 20kgs hold and 5kgs hand luggage at no extra charge.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.