Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Can anyone shed any light on why my thomas cook e-ticket/flight voucher, with 3 passenger names on only says luggage allowance 20kg.. Im probably being paranoid but I would expect to see 3x20kg

booked through flexibletrips whose site is as clear as mud...
ightenhill,

Checked-in luggage allowance is an optional extra with flight only. Are you sure you selected it for all passengers or could you have only selected it for one? If might be worth checking with who you booked the flights with.

Darren
I decided to call flexibletrips.. Apparantly we have 20 each and if you book through them they include the luggage automaticallly. Why does one company have to have several sub companies to sell its product (flexibletrips is a thomas cook product) but with differing policies and conditions..
Can someone clarify for me please that it's 20KG per person on a long haul flight? We're a family of 4 and there's no way 20KG is enough for all of us in one case.
Mdollar,

Lugagge allowances vary per airline. You'll need to clarify things with the airline / who you booked with. You're going to Cuba with Thomas Cook aren't you? If you booked with Thomas Cook directly, unless you opted for the extra 5kg of allowance, your hold allowance is 15kg with a 5kg hand luggage allowance per person. If you booked with Direct Holidays, your hold allowance might be 20kg per person, depending on what you booked. Everything will be printed on your tickets.

Darren
Mdollar wrote:
Can someone clarify for me please that it's 20KG per person on a long haul flight? We're a family of 4 and there's no way 20KG is enough for all of us in one case.

As Dazbo said your HOLD luggage will be 15kg minimum or perhaps 20kg PER PERSON, i got the impression that you are thinking that its 20kg for ALL four of you in just one case!!!
PS. liking the madonna! :D
Mdollar,

Lugagge allowances vary per airline. You'll need to clarify things with the airline / who you booked with. You're going to Cuba with Thomas Cook aren't you? If you booked with Thomas Cook directly, unless you opted for the extra 5kg of allowance, your hold allowance is 15kg with a 5kg hand luggage allowance per person. If you booked with Direct Holidays, your hold allowance might be 20kg per person, depending on what you booked. Everything will be printed on your tickets.

Darren

Thanks Darren, Yes we're going to Cuba and as far as I know my mother booked with TC directly. I'm presuming she opted for the extra 5KG allowance as I spoke to her last night and she said it was 20KG per person so I'm trusting she's got it right, which she usually always is lol. :D
As Dazbo said your HOLD luggage will be 15kg minimum or perhaps 20kg PER PERSON, i got the impression that you are thinking that its 20kg for ALL four of you in just one case!!!
PS. liking the madonna!

Thanks Andy! Yes I did initially think it was 20KG for all of us in one case until I read the posts lol..I haven't flown for 8 years so I'm really out of touch with what you can/can't take and how much. :duh
Hi,

A while back someone put up a link for all the airlines baggage allowances, I can't find it anywhere

could anyone put up the link again, thank you.
Mi$$y,

I don't remember seeing that. It varies per airline and sometimes per destination so it's difficult to put a specific list together. For charters, it's either 15kg, 20kg, 23kg, 25kg or 30kg! It's always best to check with the airline you're flying with do make sure you have the latest information. It also various by travel class.

Darren
I notice that many airlines, including Thomas Cook now only allow 5kg hand luggage free and the rest you have to pay for. However, if you book the same flight through Lowcost, which is the same basic price as booking direct with the airline, if not cheaper, this automatically includes £32 of luggage allowance.
Its that long since I took aerosols, but got mozzy aerosols this time. can these go in the case please
Moved and merged to existing topic in flights forum.

Mark :)
bejay,

You can take everything in your case. It's only hand luggage where you have restrictions.

Darern
Thanks Dazbo was really concerned, used to put aerosols in hand luggage long time ago. Never bothered with aerosols for a long time.
Might seem like a daft request , but I am going away in a few days with some friends, they are celebrating a special occasion while we are away, I have seen the helium balloons in a flat plastic pack , I would love to take one to put on thier balcony!! somebody mentioned I should check if it will be ok to take on plane, any ideas?
Can't see a problem Shirley if it's not inflated, but how will you inflate it when you get to Goa?

Denny
Take loads of them then your luggage will be lighter! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.