Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Is it to early to book flights with jet 2 for next august to faro? have booked a villa for 10 of us but the flights with thompson and monarch are much more expensive than jet 2 so wonder if there would be a sale on nearer xmas.As its a family holiday I am trying to get best prices possible.
jeanie
My Son flew to Tenerife with them this July. He booked the flights as soon as they were released. He plans on doing the same for next year as they go for 3 weeks.
With the low cost Airlines it is difficult to say and often the prices would be better by booking ahead. If I were you having booked a Villa and need to get there with a large party of people then I would book ASAP.

Sue
thanks sue
I know you're right,its just that last year we got flights with thompson for £986 for 10 and that was with a meal.ah well I suppose the days of realy good deals are over.
Going to book with jet2 at least it will keep 5 grandchildren quiet!
jeanie
Have just booked with Jet two, says on confirmation just printed off, need to recheck flights for return 24 hrs prior. Have a number on the shuttle confirmation for pick up on return. Anyone know do I need to ring jet two or is the shuttle pick up confirmation enough. there is no other number to ring apart from on shuttle confirmation.
Just looking at flights for August 2009, Leeds to Malaga-outwards 1st Aug, Return 15th Aug. If I enter 1,2 or 3 passengers, the return flight costs £79.99 per person. If I enter 4+ passengers, the price increases to £89.99. The outward prices remain unchanged. Anyone knows why this is?
bejay,

Airlines always recommend you check your flight is operating and the schedule hasn't been changed 24 hours before it's due to depart. To be honest, I never do because it's unlikely to have changed. It's up to you really.

Darren
delia,

That's normally because there are only so many seats available at a particular price. In your example, there may only be 3 seats at £79.99 and 4+ at £89.99. You'll be charged at the higher price because of that. If you are travelling as two couples, try booking seperately and you may get the lower prices, or at least some of you will.

Darren
Darren, many thanks for your prompt reply .
Don't seat prices sometimes fall-according to demand? (I'm sure I've seen this happen before, when I've been looking over a period of weeks). If so, I don't understand how there could be a fixed number of seats available at a certain price.
Delia
delia,

Prices do fluctuate based on demand and supply, but there are only a certain number of seats available within certain price bands at any one particular time.

Darren
I booked my flights on monday, manchester to faro for 10 of us with jet 2 for august 09 and the prices went up the next day by £20 each!must admit I did hesitate but glad now Its all done.
jeanie
Jeanie I do think that you have done the right thing when you need to be at a destination on a particular date.
Yes we too have hit the problem with trying to book 4 but splitting it into 2 separate bookings we were able to get the lower price. Worth a try. This had been with BA and was for flights to Paphos.

Sue
4 of us are hoping to fly to Majorca with Jet2 next June for a long weekend - minus the kids. :wow
Flights are about 150 quid at the moment :shock:. Can't decide whether to bite the bullet and book or wait to see if they come down. What do you think?
pargaluvva,

That doesn't sound too bad. You can never tell, especially since June is coming up to the busy time of year. I paid approx £120 for a similar flight last year. Best thing to do is decide if thats a price you are happy with then book it and don't look again!

Darren
i dithered about booking for faro next august and the flights went up by £10 each(this is for 10 people) Booked early this week and looked yesterday,they have now gone up another £30 each! so unless they have a sale come xmas I would do as I was advised on here and book now.
jeanie
Can anyone give me an idea what Jet2's "Variable Fuel Supplement" is likely to be ? It doesn't show on the prices until after you enter the passenger information, and we're not ready to go that far yet, as we're only shopping around for flight prices currently.

The prices seem very good, but without knowing what the supplement is likely to be, we can't actually make an informed decision, and I've not found anything via search.

We're looking at Blackpool or Manchester to Ibiza in June next year for 8 people.

Cheers
Just enter anything for passenger names-go right throught to the point where you need to enter payment details-then you will see all of the costs. You can then exit without carrying out the booking.
Delia
Pargaluvva
Just looked for your dates from Leeds Bradford (JET2) and they are coming up at £125 each.
Linsi
Thanks Delia, it was just over £110 extra for 8 people.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.