Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hello everyone.

Just to let you know (if you dont already) that JET2 have now released their flights for next July from Leeds Bradford. Have booked ours already and reserved the seats.

Not too bad prices, gone up about £50 from this years.

Linsi
I have noticed that you can check in online,is this worth doing?Also as there are quite a few seats left on our flight,will this allocate us 3 seats together or do you still have to pay in order to guarantee this?
Thanks.
patb03,

Have a look over the pages of this thread, it's been discussed a few times. Online check-in is great for beating the queues and so much less hassle, especially if you only have hand luggage. Unless you pre-book seating together, there are no guarantees you'll be seated together. However, if you arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to your departure time, there shouldn't be a problem.

Darren
Hi help please
i put wrong passport details in for the check in online for my hubby.
i clicked on mine and gave all my details then it said print hubbys boarding pass.
what shall i do. Cant beleive i done this. Not bothered to check me and daughter
in now dont know what to do.
advise please
duakay,

I would give them a call to tell them you've mistakenly entered the wrong details. I'm sure they'll be able to change them for you. I'm sure you aren't the first!

Darren
Yes i rang and got the call centre in india. They said to just go check in at airport.
Cant beleive i did this. I have used online check in facilities many times. Now my problem is
i havnt checked me and my daughter in online, so i cannot go to the check in online facility from
palma. How daft am i.
Thanks Dazbo
Flying with Jet2 this Saturday morning from Manchester. Just noticed the online check in is free as we have pre-booked seats. Is it worth checking in now and where do you take the luggage at T1? Says there is a "bag drop" - anyone know where this is or what happens?. Any helpful replies at this late stage would be great! Thanks Billy
Billy1510,

Once you've checked-in online, you can print your boarding cards. You simply drop your bags off at the Jet2 fast bag drop off desk (dedicated desk next to their check-in area) where they'll fix luggage tags to them and that's it!

Darren
Hi!

Can anyone tell me if this is ok? I booked 2 seperate flights (One for some friends of ours). Where you select "How many Bags", I chose hand luggage only. As the woman will only be taking a small shoulder bag.

Another friend has told me I should have chose 1 bag (Per person each way), as they class a suitcase as a bag :que . As this is the first time I have travelled with jet 2, I thought I would ask! Surely a suitcase wouldn't be classed as a bag?

I have tried looking on their website, but when it comes to the baggage selection- its all a bit condusing!

Please advise: As friends of ours have also booked selecting "Hand luggage only" -

Thanks belly
Yes if you are taking hold baggage (bag) then you should have entered the number of bags (cases).

luci :wave
Hi there! - Thanks for that.

I have have ammended the baggage to 1 bag per person (Both ways).

Now I have done that - Just to get things clear - This will allow us to check 3 cases in (17k each), and allow for one small shoulder bag each. Is this correct? I've never known an airline charge you, - to check a suitcase in - I thought this was standard, with all airlines. ( This is the first time I have travelled with jet 2 - infact it is the first time I have booked flights and accomodation seperate - so fingers crossed everything turns out ok!!)

Thanks

Belly
bellyballyboo,

This is one of the differences between a low cost airline and a charter / full fare scheduled operator. You are correct with the baggage.

Darren
I booked our flight last Novenber and on the email and tickets they sent me the hold baggaged allowance was 20kg
per case I had payed for 2 cases. Now looking at their web site and reading some of previous threads it seems that it is now 17kg. So what will I be able to take without having to pay excess. :que
Hi Leyland Lass ... you are entitled to the baggage allowance stated at the time of booking and displayed on your booking confirmation or tickets.

Any subsequent changes to allowances would apply to new bookings.

David :wave
Please help.
How much baggage allowance are you allowed.
Can i take 17kg hold luggage plus my 10kg hand luggage.
It very confusing on the website.
Regards Jeanette
duakay,

You have a standard allowance of 10kg hand luggage. If you wish to take hold luggage, that is at extra cost to a maximum of 17kg. You still get your hand luggage allowance if you elect hold luggage.

Darren
Hi Darren,
yes i have paid for the hold luggage. And so i still definately get my hand luggage allowance as well.
It says on website, which may confuse people that you cant use your hand luggage against your hold and visa versa.
I suppose it means i cant take 12kg hand luggage and 15 hold. (It confusing).
Thanks for your help.
Jeanette
duakay,

I think that statement was put in place because passengers were arriving with more hold luggage than the permitted weight then saying they had less hand luggage so why can't they have extra hold luggage to offset it. TOM operate a system like that where you have 25kg combined allowance and the hold / hand luggage components are flexable. Jet2's are fixed though.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.