Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Just a question for Darren, if he's around. Do you know what type of aircraft we will travel on, flying from LBA to Malaga at08:05 (LS185) and returning on LS186?
Many thanks
delia,

LBA-AGP-LBA (LS185/6) are operated by a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Darren

Is it the same Aircraft used on flights to Venice and Barcelona.

Thanks

Sue
keela1eva2 ,

Jet2 use a fleet of Boeing 737-300 and Boeing 757-200. Venice & Barcelona are normally operated by the 737's.

Darren
I decided to book seats and check in online. I didn't think I would be able to do check for the return but I was surprised to note that it can be done 28 days in advance. This means that I will be able to do the check in before I leave on the 26th August.
I always like to be as far forward as possible on the outbound flight the best I could get was row 16 but for the return it is row 5. Booked 2 aisle seats just for the convenience.

Good or bad??

Thanks Darren.

Sue
keela1eva2,

I like row 5/6 on the 733's, give you a perfect view out of the window and over the engine. Being towards the front means you get a drink quicker! They're all much of a muchness though really. I had a choice of 23 rows on my last Jet2 flight, there were only 5 of us on it but that's a long story!

Darren
Thanks again Darren as ever helpful advice.

Sue
Ive booked flights with jet2 for may 09 and I wonder if anyone knows how hot they are on hand luggage size.they quote on there website size accepted 46cm/30/23 i have looked high and low and the nearest I can find is 41cm/33/21,do you think I would get away with this? or would it be best to take a squashy bag

jeanie
jeanie,

As long as it looks the right size, you'll be fine. If you turned up with a bag that looked too big, they'd make you measure it and if it was oversize, you'd have to put it in the hold. You'll be able to squash the bag of the dimensions you mention in the basket if asked. The size limits are there because of the limited locker storage onboard the aircraft.

Darren
thanks dazbo,,the case i am looking at to buy is a rigid trolley case,it looks small but I dont know weather it would squash even by a few cm.
jeanie :que
Hi all...

Just returned from majorca travelling from newcastle. I prebooked seat row 10 seats 10e and 10f, last row near the front thinking there is no one behind us no kicking from kids etc... wont be making this mistake again. the seats do not recline, so when the person in front reclined his seat, his seat is about 2 inches from your face makeing it very claustrophobic. You could not even put the table down for the lack of room. Will be booking double leg room seats in the future for defo...

Does anyone else know what other good seats on the plane??

many thanks
laura
On the question of hand baggage size. I travelled last year and will be travelling again on the 26Th August with Jet2. Last time around the check in Clerk told me my trolley case was too big and needed to go in the hold. I knew that it would fit in their measurement rack but she didn't believe me. I then put it in the rack and her next question was WHERE DID YOU BUY IT!! She was impressed that I had a case that met the standard measurement. Had I not known that my case did fit then I would have incurred excess baggage charges as well as the cost of hold baggage.
Should someone say this to you then prove that it is either too big or small enough to meet the requirement. A handbag does make it bulkier but I take purse and other things out of the bag and rearrange them to fit.

Sue
Sue

were did you buy it! I have looked everywere and I cant find exact measurements that jet2 require for hand luggage.
jeanie
I was fortunate in that I bought it in TKMaxx but it is ATLANTIC luggage and is just that bit smaller than the average. It is also pretty light at 2K which is an advantage. I think I paid around £35 but it was worth much more as it is from an expensive range. Just like last week I lost my wrist watch. I bought a Calvin Klein stainless steel watch for £49.00 but it would have cost me £130 if I bought it elsewhere. Another bargain and with a better catch and way of opening and closing. Always getting bargain is where I am at including of course holidays or cruises mostly.
Sorry I can't help further but as I have said obviously the check in girl was thinking about one for herself.

Sue
thanks sue,
bought one today in wigan market today, right size and it only cost me £10,I know it wont last as long as an antler but they didn,t have one in tkmaxx when i went in there today

jeanie
oops meant to say atlantic knew i shouldn,t have had two glasses of wine with my dinner
I've just done online checkin with Jet2 from Manchester to Alicante. It also gave me the option of online checkin for my return from Alicante to Manchester, I've printed off the boarding passes for both flights, but i thought prior to doing this that you could'nt check in online from England for the return leg, am i gettind mixed up here, and will there be a Bag drop off point at Alicante airport, to avoid queing there? Many Thanks.

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy,

If its anything like Palma (where I was in June) because you have already checked in, and have a boarding pass, there should be a 'priority" desk in Alicante, i.e. 2 desks, 1 for those who are checking in from scratch, and 1 for those like yourself who have done so on line. I hope this helps.
ccmc
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.