Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
HolidayBoy

I used On-Line check-In last week at Leeds and also back from Faro.

No queueing at either Airport but the queues at Faro for those not checked in on-line looked to very lengthy.

Regards
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm flying out to Palma in the early hours of tomorrow morning from Belfast. I can't imagine it being too busy on a Monday morning.

Do you know if you can upgrade to Jet2 plus at the airport? The website won't let me... :think

How did you find jet2 as a whole?

thanks...

HB08
Have done the Belfast/Palma route on June 6th (early morning flight 7.30 am). Belfast Intl. is a very quiet airport compared to any I've been in the UK or Ireland. Bag drop queues non existant, as I think very few use it, and also, the process only takes a couple of minutes. Staff very friendly and helpful. By the way, as regards Jet2plus, I don't know about Belfast, but in Palma there was a sign advertising upgrade to it at the check in desks, which incidentally for your info are 14 to 16 with 17 being for what they call in Palma Internet check in.

Have a good one.

ccmc
I flew with Jet2 from Leeds -Menorca a couple of weeks ago for the first time.I was moaning about the price being twice as much as thomsons last year.I have to say though there was no problem at all with flight, they even had hotmeals available which i didn't know they did.One tip is if your hungry wait until half hour before landing they sell sandwiches etc at half price.

Maryb.
That's the same as my flight... 07:30 am... :)
Does anyone know if you have to have upgraded to Jet2 Plus to buy a hot meal, or can you just buy one off the trolley on-board?

Thanks again....

HB08

P.S, I am new to Jet2, as in the past I have booked through First Choice, But saved £2000 doing it through the internet...
HolidayBoy2008,

Cabin crew will come round after take off with hot drinks and sandwiches for sale. I believe the hot meals part of Jet2+ are only available if you're upgraded as they only load enough on the aicraft for those who have upgraded.

Darren
Holidayboy, hot meals are available to buy, and you don't need to have Jet2Plus. It consists of a breakfast "bun", with egg omlette bacon and sausage. On later flights sausage, mash, and onion gravy is on offer, with a separate little package with a small bread roll, some crackers, cream cheese, and butter. This was Stg6.50. After that, its whats in the inflight magazine on offer. Hope this helps.
ccmc
For anyone interested Jet2 have now released some of their Summer 2009 timetable seats for sale.
Heres a stupid question ;)

Will it make any difference if I check in online or not? I am assuming as seats are not allocated anyway it won't make much difference :think or will it?

Thanks
cheesepasty2000,

Only difference will be the amount of queuing time at the airport!

Darren
Thanks for the prompt reply Darren,

I was just thinking that the checks will be the same but just in two different queues :think or would that be different because they already have your passport number so it will speed things up a little?

Told you that it was a stupid question :D

I am flying from Leeds/Bradford end of July 2 adults and two children with hand luggage and 3 cases going in the hold.
cheesepasty2000,

They still do checks, but it's much quicker as all your information is already on the system and your boarding cards allocated. They just double check it's you and print your luggage tags. If everyone else has checked-in online though and the queue is long, it evens itself out.

Darren
You might be interested to know that Jet2 have just introduced Fuel Surcharges based upon the length of flight.

Interesting as the Chief Executive stated a few weeks ago that they had future purchased their fuel at good rates to protect against fuel price increases.
You are right Cheesepasty, flights for summer 2009 are going on sale tomorrow wednesday 2nd July. Last year these flights didn't become available to book until September! Its getting earlier.

ccmc
Newcastle flights are on sale now according to the email I received from Jet2, I am waiting for flights from Leeds/Bradford though can I ask where you heard that it was Wednesday 2nd please? Just wondering if maybe the Leeds/Bradford ones will be released then.

Thanks
Cheesepasty, maybe I read it wrong, but when I logged on to jet2.com and entered dates for june 2009 a message appeared saying that flights for that period are available from wednesday 2nd july. Have a look yourself, and see what you think.

regards,
ccmc
p.s. Just had another look at the jet2 website. I was looking at prices for pisa and majorca ex. belfast intl. pisa is available from saturday 5th July, and majorca from wednesday 2nd july.
ccmc
I was looking at flights yesterday (from Newcastle)- and it was showing flights as £24.99 outbound and £39.99 inbound but when you went thru' to next screen they'd jumoped to £45.99 and £52.99 (and that was BEFORE you added seats, fuel surcharge and bags). I actually went back in again and it was showing the flights as £24.99 and £39.99 but again on next page they'd jumped up.

I gave up in the end!
Does it depend how many seats you are looking for .I noticed that before you put in for 2or 3 and then when you up the numbers the price goes dearer the more seats you require,a bit sneaky isn't it.
Maryb.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.