Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Congratulations Popsy !!

As there are no restrictions with Jet2 up to 27 weeks, I see no need to advise them, and none specified on their website. However, there may be a requirement for you to advise your travel insurer at the earliest opportunity, just so that you are fully covered.

You may find some useful advice and info in our Flying When Pregnant topic.

David :wave
Jet2 to fly to New York from Leeds/Bradford - 4 flights in November & December!

Could be worth a shopping trip :)

However, what planes do Jet2 have in their fleet capable of a trans atlantic flight??? I thought they only had 757's in short haul config & 737's which cant do it anyway?
Hey David thanks for that - I didn't realise there was a thread for pregnant flyers :glynis
KeefG,

Jet2 will be using a 220 seat Boeing 757-200. They might offer cheap flights, but that's a lot of seats and hence not much legroom (29-30" seat pitch) for a trans-atlantic hop. More information at Yorkshire Evening Post.

Darren
Not the same as their short haul config 757's then?
KeefG,

I beleive Jet2 have recently aquired a 'new' 757-200, registered G-LSAJ to operate the LBA-EWK service. It was registered on 6th May 2008 and is ex G-CDUP of Thomsonfly / Britannia amungst others, a 1990 airframe. I assume it's an 'ET' (ETOPS) certified aircraft. This has approx. 18 less seats than the aircraft used on european routes althought I'm a little dubious at to weather that information is correct. 238 seats on their 'european' 752's? Seams a little high to me.

Darren
As I was in Newcastle airport this afternoon say farewell to my parents off on their jollies I called to the Jet2 desk and asked about the online check-in thing - I wanted to know if you could do your return online check-in at home BEFORE the outbound journey.

The answer is NO - you must complete your outbound journey BEFORE you can check-in online for the return journey so unless you have internet access with use of printer either in your accomodation or resort you can't do it for the return journey.

With that in mind, we've just decided pre-book our seats as planned anyway and just turn up and wait in check-in queue and arrive early as usual for return journey.
Can anyone advise where we drop our cases off at Manchester Airport, if i opt for the online check in, on the Jet2 website. Also, Do they put the luggage labels on at that point.

Many Thanks. Snapper
SNAPPER,

They have a desk allocated for 'fast bag drop off'.

Darren
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had the same problem. I was unable to print off the boarding card after online check-in, for one of our party (3 people), travelling to Palma in June, and was informed by call centre staff it it just a matter of checking in manually, and a boarding pass will be reissued. I am really concerned about this, and am hoping the above advice is accurate. Can anyone shed any light? Many thanks.
colettemc,

You've probably already done this, but have you tried logging back in to your booking and re-printing the boarding card? If that doesn't work, just go to the desks and they'll sort you out.

Darren
does anyone have any ideas as to when jet2 will be releasing there tenerife winter schedule.

i'm waiting patiently
Hi Dazbo5, Thank you for your reply to my query. Panic had already set in!!! I'm sure I am not the first to have had this problem. Thanks again. colettemc
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is a really dumb question (most of mine are). I'm flying off to Pisa next week with Jet2 from Newcastle - will they provide me with luggage labels or do I have to make my own? someone at work said they don't provide any but I thought I would check with the experts :wink:

Popsy x
Popsy20,

Luggage labels aren't required these days. They'll put the usual bar coded luggage tags on to make sure your luggage gets on the aircraft, but you'll have to provide your own labels if you want to put your name / destination address on etc. Try the HT ones.

Darren
Wickedchris,

They are out now, had trouble getting flight details as the normal seach doesn't produce it. Went on their advertisement for canaries winter schedule. Have waited so long to book and now when they are released was astonished at the price. Sticking with Monarch for now.

Sorry just thought our flight is to Lanzarote. Tenerife might be cheaper.

Gail
Hi

2 questions....

1. - Which planes do Jet 2 use to fly out to Tenerife from Leeds Bradford?

2. - I booked our seats before the March date change of the luggage allowance from 20kg to 17kg, but in April I selected our seats, and on the terms & conditions listed 17kg. I still have the original booking that states 20kg....

Can you answer this, or is a call to Jet 2 required do you think?

BIG thanks in advance!!!!!! :cheers
Hi Debhiwahh, I booked with jet2 from belfast to palma way back in september last year for june this year, and my booking states 18kg, and it is now 17kg. but I think they can change it whenever they want. The call centre people are very helpful, but be aware it costs to call them. colettemc.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.